MICHELIN recreationnal/leisure tire choice?

ruca

As usual, this is my favorite site to seek advice especially since I'm riding Gas Gas!
I recently changed the stock oem MICHELIN Enduro Comp.(they were great but were finished too fast on the rock/hard pack i ride) for MICHELIN AC10 to grab a bargain price of 126$ the pair, i chose the rear 110/100-18 rear because of having a 2.15 rear rim and since then they held up great i have no complaints plus its street legal which is a bonus since Ive got licence plate on and insurance might as as well have DOT mx tires
A curious detail was the bike seemed short geared(more torque less top speed, is this due to the XXX/100-XX profile?
Next IL try thees new XC s12/m12, witch combination you recommend? On this side of "the pond" people tend to use soft_front/intermediate_rear, but it seems you guys prefer the opposite! and with what profile should I be better of for tail ridding, XX/90(80)-XX or XX/100-XX?

As usual, this is my favorite site to seek advice especially since I'm riding Gas Gas!
I recently changed the stock oem MICHELIN Enduro Comp.(they were great but were finished too fast on the rock/hard pack i ride) for MICHELIN AC10 to grab a bargain price of 126$ the pair, i chose the rear 110/100-18 rear because of having a 2.15 rear rim and since then they held up great i have no complaints plus its street legal which is a bonus since Ive got licence plate on and insurance might as as well have DOT mx tires
A curious detail was the bike seemed short geared(more torque less top speed, is this due to the XXX/100-XX profile?
Next IL try thees new XC s12/m12, witch combination you recommend? On this side of "the pond" people tend to use soft_front/intermediate_rear, but it seems you guys prefer the opposite! and with what profile should I be better of for tail ridding, XX/90(80)-XX or XX/100-XX?

The standard fronts are DOT and i rate them as the best on the market enduro comp 3, the rear 140/80 has a larger rolling dia and you will have less top speed, put a 14 tooth front sprocket on to counter this.

The standard fronts are DOT and i rate them as the best on the market enduro comp 3, the rear 140/80 has a larger rolling dia and you will have less top speed, put a 14 tooth front sprocket on to counter this.

Already did that a couple off rides before cause i went to ride in southwestern Portugal were the terrain is more open and was impressed, i rearlly shifted to 6th, something with the 12/48 combo i was always in(5th/6th and looking for 7th) the bike now goes forward not front end up nor rear end sideways;) each gear lasts longer even in intermediate steep long loose rock climbs, but i still have to test very steep climbs to see if she only gets up with 1st gear and clutch work;) So the way to go is Endu Comp or S12, how about this... doesn't the thread seem familiar? Portugal Promo price of 100$ pair.
http://www.motopsychos.co.uk/pro-comp-mc33-3177-p.asp

A larger tire has a higher top speed. It has a longer roll out distance. So no dont put a 14 tooth front sprocket on it.

Back