might be a dumb question, but im new, so give me a break

dank

ok what affects weather or not a throttle cable will fit, the throttle housing, the carb, or both?

it is more likely routed wrong if you cant see anything wrong with any of the fittings and its fitted correctly

i bought a throttle cable from gofasters last night thats an inch and a half longer, so it should be good. see i put taller bars on it, and now the cable is just plain too short.

and what i was thinking was, the 1998 ktm 250 used a pwk 38mm carb, same as in my 03 ec250, and both also have the same throttle housing, so what im wondering is why the ktm throttle cable, which i can get in 4 inches over stock length, and ten bucks cheaper, wouldnt work on my bike. mark at gofasters said that it wouldn't work, so im going to take his word for it, but im still curious.

If the housing is the same, the carb slide is the same , and the cable is long enough. It should work!

I asked our local GG agent if an ignition coil off a ktm would work on my GG

He didnt know. But its the same coil??

I think if you mention KTM or anything orange GG dealers turn deaf.

(i dont blame them)

i just asked if any other part would work, and he said no. maybe keihin made a different slide for the ktm and the gasgas. i dunno. i suppose if the one from gofasters is too short ill have motion pro make me a custom one. but it would be awful handy if other cables fit our bikes eh?

Isn't there a CR250 throttle cable that is supposedly longer that will fit? Semms I remember reading that somewhere, just can't remember where.

my gf's dad had a ktm 250 that a cr 250s cable fit on. they all use the same keihin pwk 38mm carb, and the same domino throttle housing, but mark form gofasters told me that other cables wouldnt fit. and thats ok, id rather have my money go to gofasters than honda house.

Back