My First MX-race

HenrikSchmidt

Saturday, I go to my first MX race, I Ride in the old boys 33+ class on my 06 EC250.
We Ride 15min.+1 round pr. heat In 2 Heats, In first heat I have a ok start, but on 2. round I lost my gearshifter an had to ride the rest of the heat only in 2. gear(Good thing it's a small track with alot of turns and jumps) but somehow I manage to keep the the others behind me and take 1. place

In the second heat I installed a new shifter but it was 3cm. shorter than my old shifter, so i raise it a little to be able to get my boot under it, but as i race down the start in 2. gear I couldn't get the bike in 3. just a wierd feeling and sound from the shifter when it?s hitting the chain as i try to shift up, Nothing else to do but to keep the shifter up untill the chain wears the shifter enough to shift, "brrrrrrrrrrrrr" going in 2. down to the first turn and over the first jump, about half down the first straight, And "Click" the 3. gear is in, and I'm flying the rest of the heat..

here Is the final result of the day..

picture.php
[/IMG]

A GasGas Rider On First place:D

Congrats on racing. Are you going to race lots this years?

Thanks, Yes I think after this first attempt i'm going to race some more MX, before I'm training on MX tracks but only coz we do not have anywhere to practice enduro in Denmark..

But I had a really nice weekend, winning the race on saturday, and picking this beauty up on sunday:D
picture.php
[/IMG]

A 2006 MC250 in mint condition:D And compared to my EC this bike is a BEAST:eek:

Good effort!What sort of bikes were you up against?EC's aren't reknown for MX duties,must be pure rider skills;)

I'm Up against some CRF450R's And yz450f's and my buddy That came in
2. on his KTM SX380, And that bike is a monster on the track:eek:.

So maybe yeah, pure rider skills,

Or maybe coz it was kind of slippery and wet that day, so maybe I had an advantage on my EC compared to the fullblood mx bikes they didn't seem to find much traction in the corners.

Anyhoot I go try my "new" MC250 on the track this wedensday, and cut 1-2 seconds off my laptime form saturdays race, Can't wait for the next race:D

Back