My fix it list for the winter, a few Q's

dANbOT

I had an incredible season on my first Gasgas, only a few small quirks on an otherwise AMAZING bike. I worked through most of it as I rode, but there is a couple on my list still. I have somewhere between 3 and 4 months of winter before bike season starts. I had a pretty big expensive list, but I just got layed off from my 11 year job, so budget will be tight.

-Fuel tank
I understand that the last of the oversize tanks only fit up to 2011. Going a little deeper than a direct "bolt on" situation, has anyone ever figured out a way to do it?
2011 shrouds and/or seat?
Heat shaping the tank?
Where are the differences/interference?
I would kill for a 3.2 gal tank.

-I would like to upgrade to the 2015 electric start system when the individual parts become available, there's no way I would buy the complete 15 upgrade kit I have seen advertised. I sure hope they are available soon! I'm one of the guys having bad luck with the 14 system.

-Seat foam is destroyed. I spent the last month of the season sitting on the battery tray haha. I sure like the shape of the seat though, any good foams that wont change the shape / height much? I would probably be re-installing my OEM cover.

-I have a 36 PWK AS1 in my collection that I would like to give a try. It sure made a difference on my CR250 in throttle response, fuel range, and jetting stability. I have been having fun with the stock needle, but it's time to get a few suzuki needles as well. Hopefully I don't have to chase around for slides, all I have are #6 and 7.

-Rear sprocket is finally looking worn after 160 hours, going with 49 this time. That was a good sprocket!

-Clutch was dragging a little at the end of the season, notched basket I'm assuming. Need an affordable replacement. I'll file it if I have to! lol

That's really about it after 160 hours, aside from some cosmetic stuff. The brake pads are even still good, and I'm a rear brake dragger! Love my GG.

Back