My new 300!

Anyone know about the gold fork caps? The previous owner didn't know what suspension work had been done.

I was wondering if it had Ohlins inserts. I don't know much about the 48mm Zoke forks. My older 45mm Zoke forks had silver caps and I've also seen red.

Anyone know about the gold fork caps? The previous owner didn't know what suspension work had been done.

I was wondering if it had Ohlins inserts. I don't know much about the 48mm Zoke forks. My older 45mm Zoke forks had silver caps and I've also seen red.

The Ohlins inserts sure are gold, but they look quite different.

Your caps look like conventional open chamber forks. I would suggest Sachs if they are 48mm, Marzocchi if 45mm.

Sent fra min E5603 via Tapatalk

Definitely Sachs. In 2011 the "race" model is the only one that came with the 48mm zokes and they have the PFP adjuster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
right, and my 2011 EC300E looks just like yours, but I have Zoke 45's. Wonder why they used different forks, same year?:confused:

Zoke 45's on a 2011? I was under the impression that they came with either the Sachs forks or the zoke 48's in 2011. First I've heard of one having 45's

Edit: Didn't the 2011 200 come with 45's? Is it possible yours got switched along the way?

Zoke 45's on a 2011? I was under the impression that they came with either the Sachs forks or the zoke 48's in 2011. First I've heard of one having 45's

Edit: Didn't the 2011 200 come with 45's? Is it possible yours got switched along the way?

Every 2011 I have seen in Canada came with 45 zokes. Except the race.

I believe US models had the following:

1) 2011 base model: 48mm Sachs forks
2) 2011 race: CC 48 mm Marzocchi
3) 2011 six days: 45 mm Marzocchi

Back