Need Help With 2014 TXT Pro Wiring

Tool Guy

Help! I've just paged through the entire 58 pages of PDF Shop/Technical Manual that GasGas provides on their website. Worst manual I've ever had, even worse than some of the Clymers and Hanes manuals I've had over the years. Not 1 page of wiring diagrams or description yet it has 10 pages about a Vapor dash that I don't have and 2 full pages on removing/replacing a sparkplug - what were they thinking?

Guys, I want to install a tether kill swith. What I'd like to see/know is where the existing switch connects without having to pull my existing wiring apart to trace it. I found some old post on switch replacement, but related post do suggest that changes have and do occur between models. Mine is a 2014 TXT 280 Pro Trials.

Help/input very much appreciated. Thanks, Gordon

Manuals are hit and miss. The 2015 TXT Pro Racing 280 manual has the full set of wiring diagrams. The ignition diagram on page 43 is likely the same as your bike. http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals/models-1-2015.html

The Black/Yellow wire (from the CDI) gets made to the Yellow/Green wire to stop the engine.

Your tether switch would be hooked up to these wires (in parallel to the stock kill switch). When the tether insulator is pulled, the circuit will be made and the engine will stop.

Back