Need new tank and radiator guards 07 EC300

jyellard

After a wreck at Loretta Lynn's Spring Ride my gas tank started leaking fuel. I have read about a lot of issues fitting the Clark tank. Some have been using heat guns to change the shape of the tank so that the radiator shrouds can be properly secured.

Have these been resolved? How difficult is it to make it right, if still needed?

I was also thinking about getting some radiator guards. I see the need for the ones that beef up the radiators for hits from the side, but I would really like to get some that beef up the radiators for side impacts and offer better protection for limbs and such to the front. Any suggestions? Pictures would be awesome.

Thanks,

Josh

Scorpion (now Emperor) racing braces with the optional grills are probably the strongest off the shelf solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is a picture of my 2011 with a Clarke and Emperor racing rad guards with bolt on grills.
I have a set of shrouds that are for a 2008 that fit a little better with the Clarke than the 2011 shrouds but its still not perfect. Bolting the shrouds are not a problem with the tank, it's the wings of the tank that push the shrouds out at the top. I don't find it that big of a deal, I prefer the extra fuel and rad protection over the cosmetics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 39
Thanks Cberg! Those pictures were very helpful. The fitment isn't perfect, but won't keep me from buying the Clark.

I assume the Clark has brass inserts for the shroud screws? I think this will be a huge improvement over the stock plastic inserts that have pulled out on me a few times.

As stated I have heard of people using a heat gun to reshape the tank, but if it would work on the shrouds then reshaping the shrouds would make more sense than reshaping the tank.

I'll be buying a clark tank and some scorpion radiator guards.

The Clarke does have brass inserts for the shroud bolts, comes with its own bolts for the shrouds too.

Scorpion (now Emperor) racing braces with the optional grills are probably the strongest off the shelf solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just bought these and will say they are beautiful and strong!

Back