Next Bike

dANbOT

It was time for a new bike, absolutely wouldn't buy the red KTM, and wasn't feeling the Rieju thing. I went with a 21 Beta 300RR. Keeping my 14 Gasser for now.
What did you switch to if not Rieju? For me it was Beta or Sherco. Beta dealer and parts support seems much better in Canada, and I love red bikes lol.

Congrats.

Starting to see a lot of the Beta 300s in my neck of the woods.

My friend bought the Reiju MR 300 (he picks it up next week.) He got it because if came with better suspension and the seat height is a little lower, which he needs.

I'll get a chance to put some miles on it for him and see how it compares to my 2007 GG 300.

The Beta dealer near his house is also a Reiju dealer too. For him parts are easy to get.

Sods.

My friend bought the Reiju MR 300 (he picks it up next week.) He got it because if came with better suspension and the seat height is a little lower, which he needs.

I.

I don't understand - wouldn't the Reiju MR 300 be the same height as my 2018 ec300? I lowered it 30mm (1.18 inches) and it's still taller than my 2011ec250.

He compared them both at the dealer and the MR300 had a lower seat height than the beta.

He compared them both at the dealer and the MR300 had a lower seat height than the beta.

That goes against the listed specs from both companies.
Rieju MR300 seat height - 37.8"
Beta 300RR seat height - 36.6"

Not trying to discount your friends words, but Beta was top of my list primarily because of the lowest 300 enduro seat height!

Not trying to discount your friends words, but Beta was top of my list primarily because of the lowest 300 enduro seat height!
maybe the Beta had low profile tyres? lol

No worries, just relaying what he told me after he sat on both. He said on the MR300 he could almost flat foot the ground, where the Beta he was up on the toes/balls of his feet. Most likely it is suspension settings.

He has a Husky (BMW version 310 four stroke) and a KTM 1200.

I have a couple of mates with current model 300rrs and the are both definitely lower and much narrower.
Very different feel to the gasser, but still a great bike. Would only get one with KYB?s. The Sachs whilst better than they were will never compare.

Give us a ride report when you get her out!

Jeff
Absolutely. I hope it makes a good replacement for my tired Gasser!
I have a couple of mates with current model 300rrs and the are both definitely lower and much narrower.
Very different feel to the gasser, but still a great bike. Would only get one with KYB?s. The Sachs whilst better than they were will never compare.
Very aware of the Sachs reviews, reported to be new valving for 21 that's "much better". Fingers crossed lol. I'm not a racer, slow steep technical is the game here. Not a huge need for completely dialed-in suspension. I will however need to replace the rock hard 2x4 plank seat lol, same as, or worse than my stock 14 Gasser seat was.

Absolutely. I hope it makes a good replacement for my tired Gasser!

Very aware of the Sachs reviews, reported to be new valving for 21 that's "much better". Fingers crossed lol. I'm not a racer, slow steep technical is the game here. Not a huge need for completely dialed-in suspension. I will however need to replace the rock hard 2x4 plank seat lol, same as, or worse than my stock 14 Gasser seat was.
from what i have read, the current sachs are very different to the 2010/11 gas gas sachs

but my pride would probably also put me on the kyb's ... because of my level of skill and riding lol

Back