Oil change

Vinny

I was changing my oil. Drained it. Started filling it up and before I arrived to 1100 cc it started pouring out of the top.

I removed the middle drain and removed some oil. Still high. Thought about it.......removed the lower oil drain.......a few cc came out.

:confused: . How could this be ?? A clog or something ? Running great ( No overheating) just before starting the oil change.

V.

oil reservoir in frame only holds 1 liter. Here's what I do:
  • drain sump and frame
  • replace filter
  • fill 1 liter in frame
  • put the fill cap back, and start the bike, leav it idle for 30 secs, then turn it off
  • fill the remaining 2 dl

Does that mean the start want have oil running to the engine ? I'm just nervous to do some damage.

Thanks .

Oil pump for pressure lubrication is fed from frame reservoir. When starting after a filter change engine will run a few seconds while building pressure. This is normal.

Drain the frame??? Can you tell me where the drain for that is??? I have only ever used the drain on the bottom of the engine.
Thanks!

Drain the frame??? Can you tell me where the drain for that is??? I have only ever used the drain on the bottom of the engine.
Thanks!

Dont worry, dry sump went away with the 2005's. 2006 and up has wet sump=no frame reservoir.

Back