Oversize Gas Tank Opinions

risk74

After running out of gas Sunday while running in 5th place at the VCHSS season opener hare scrambles in Arrington, VA, I have decided to look into the option of an over-sized tank.

I am curious to know from those who run them if it noticeably affects the handling of the bike, or if the taller front portion gets in the way when sliding up on the tank? My other option is to make a pit stop, which I don't mind, but it will cost me time.

Would appreciate opinions on oversize tanks, pros/cons etc..

Thanks.

What year is your bike? I have a Clarke tank on my 2011. No issues with size; you'd have to get really far forward for it to be in the way. I don't run shrouds at all (they don't fit properly on the Clarke tank). I took out the thermostat and the motor never overheats. I did make some filler panels so my knees have something to rub against when they are in tight to the bike.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 48
Richard Wilson posted on the GasGas Enduro Bike Riders Group on Facebook about the IMS tank, he is probably a good person to talk to

What year is your bike? I have a Clarke tank on my 2011. No issues with size; you'd have to get really far forward for it to be in the way. I don't run shrouds at all (they don't fit properly on the Clarke tank). I took out the thermostat and the motor never overheats. I did make some filler panels so my knees have something to rub against when they are in tight to the bike.

Bike is an 04 with the 11 update kit on it. Thanks!

Back