Parting out a GasGas 250

JCW

For some odd reason there has been little interest in this 2000 GasGas 250 (EC motor w/ 4 speed tranny & 19" rear tire), even though it runs great and looks great. I guess part of the reason is that there are no GasGas dealers within several hundred miles of where I am. With that in mind, I may part this bike out. If you are interested in any of the items below, let me know and if I can part if out, I'll go that way. All prices are without shipping costs.
Please reply here, but you can also PM me. First come, first serve, but I will need to see if there is enough interest before committing. Thanks!!!

If you think I'm too high on a price, PM me with an offer and I'll keep it in mind. If there's enough interest, I can part it out next week, or as soon as I see that this may work.

Engine - 250EC w/4 speed tranny (runs great) - $600
Carb $75
Electronics / wiring harness - $70
Almost new FMF Gnarly Pipe - $ 75
Almost new FMF Turbine Core 2 - $ 60
Chrome MX Silencer (name unknown but looks great and is quiet) $50
Forks - 43mm WPs (not leaking-new oil) - $175
Shock - Ohlins - $175
Complete 19" Rear Wheel w/ almost new S12, rotor, & sprocket - $ 200
Complete 21" Front Wheel w/ S12 and rotor - $150
Frame - $75
Sub-Frame w/ air box - $75
Seat - $60
Full Triple Clamps - $ 40
Fat Bars w Bark Busters - $ 60
Front Brake-complete $50
Rear Brake - complete $50
Gas Tank - $50
ALL Plastic - $ 60

Attachments

• GG5.jpg
    GG5.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 103
There is a dealer in Hattiesburg.

Probably the 4 speed tranny and 19" wheel is why nobody is interested. That plus the fact that the bike is 8 years old...

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, Hattiesburg Cycles dropped GasGas and Husky about 2 years ago. This is KTM country. I was in their shop last week.

I understand the age, but there should be someone who is on a tight budget looking for a clean older bike in good running condition for $1500. All I see in dealer show rooms for under $2000 is totally worn out junk (if you can find it then). This bike looks great, runs great, has good tires, new chain and sprockets, and most things that new bikes have. I guess most riders are like us and we keep buying new bikes every year. It sure tells me to stay orange down south if I want to sell it later. I will probably end up keeping it and riding it occasionally. Personally I like the 4 speed and both of my KTMs are wide ratio trannys. It's a matter of choice, but I hate having to shift up or down everytime my speed changes 7-8 mph (like you have to do on a KTM 200XC).

Thanks again for the comments and come on spring weather!
JCW

If all under of the under $2000 bikes in the local shops look that bad, then see if they would sell it for you under consignment. The cost of consignment would probably be worth the hassle of parting it out.

It's there right now, but here is the problem. Experienced riders know the name and quality of GG, but new riders (who are the candidates for most cheaper bikes) have never heard of it and when they here there is no dealer support around, they move on....and I guess I fully understand.

The cheapest used full sized bike is $3500 (except for mine @ $1800) and mine is in better shape than the $3500 one. Regardless, as of now there's no interest, other than a couple of people that did not pass the credit check for financing.

Thanks again for the comments and I'm getting a few PMs on parting out and if that doesn't work, I'll end up keeping it. I really don't mind having it, other than my bike space is getting crowded. The bike is fast and smooth and fun to ride. My biggest complaint is the rock hard (KTM like) seat. I'm too old to sit on a brick hard seat. In looking at GG seat bases, they come up so high that there is not much room for foam and the tall seats seem to be just as hard as the soft seats.

Widebear, you are exactly right. I am going to keep it. I had a few PMs about some of the parts, but most of them did not confirm when I asked. That being said, I am still amazed that a beautiful bike with new tires, new sprockets, new chain, new bars, new bark busters, new fork bleeder valves, fresh forks, a new air filter, a new FMF gnarly pipe and several other parts did not even get a real nibble at $1500.

A ragged out Kawi, Yami, Zuk, or Honda with rust, slick tires, and faded cracked plastic will bring $1500 in a week down here (over and over and over). As far as the 4 speed and 19" wheel, Ricky Carmichael did pretty well with a 4 speed and a 19" wheel for the last few years. This bike will run as fast as any MotoX 250 bike and a lot of enduro 250s. It has a very wide ratio tranny with a very tall and usable 1st gear and a motor that pulls it easily.

I have no problem parking a GG beside my KTMs, even if no one else in the country wants to. Thanks again Widebear!

Back