Please tell me it's true, Rod!

SS109

So, in the new GG newsletter it says...

And finally the new EC/XC, the relaunch of the brand in the world of enduro, a model that in addition to the already announced 250cc and 300cc engines, adds a new 200cc engine for a youthful audience.
Note the bolded/underlined part! So, Rod, is there really going to be a full sized 200 EC/XC or is going to be a smaller framed bike?

Ec200

I will answer for Rod as he is on the road already to the next event. GasGas does have an EC and XC200 in the plans for us. It took a lot of convincing as the 200 is all but dead in Europe, but we still see the need for this displacement here in North America! It will be the same platform as the 250 and 300. Same chassis, same tranny, same KYB new suspension......

End of July if your next question is when will they arrive..:D

I will answer for Rod as he is on the road already to the next event. GasGas does have an EC and XC200 in the plans for us. It took a lot of convincing as the 200 is all but dead in Europe, but we still see the need for this displacement here in North America! It will be the same platform as the 250 and 300. Same chassis, same tranny, same KYB new suspension......

Hey Mark, can you provide pricing for the 2018 bikes? I've called 2 dealers and they didn't know pricing, let alone availability. USA pricing must be figured out by now, right?

Thanks

Hey Rod or Mark. Just noticing that the original prototype from the EICMA show had an LED headlight. But the one from Motoh Barcelona and the one Jonathan Barragan raced has the old halogen headlight. GasGas was saying originally that the new bike would have an LED headlight. Is that no longer in the works? And idea's as to why:confused:

I upgrade for night riding anyways so it doesn't affect me. Just wondering....:)

Hey Rod or Mark. Just noticing that the original prototype from the EICMA show had an LED headlight. But the one from Motoh Barcelona and the one Jonathan Barragan raced has the old halogen headlight. GasGas was saying originally that the new bike would have an LED headlight. Is that no longer in the works? And idea's as to why:confused:

I upgrade for night riding anyways so it doesn't affect me. Just wondering....:)

I am not a big fan of that headlight shroud...not that it would deter me from buying the bike.

Thanks for the confirmation, Mark! I would really push the info out there that GG is the only brand offering a 200 in the US. It should create a few converts to the brand!

I have not purchased a brand new bike since 2001 but a fresh 200 may be enough for me to change that streak!

Back