Power Valve Assembly Help Needed

bondo

This question is related to my other post - "Top End Rebuild".

Can anyone give me some specific guidelines on re-assembling the power valve on my '08 DE 300? I know what pieces go where, and I know what position the pv exhaust flapper goes in - and that it's in the "closed" (lowest)
position when the motor is not running.

What about the right and left exhaust valves. Should they block the transfer ports when the motor is idling and open the transfers at high rpm? Or should it be the reverse?

The GG shop manual gives almost no useful information in this regard.

I could us some help. Thanks.

This question is related to my other post - "Top End Rebuild".

Can anyone give me some specific guidelines on re-assembling the power valve on my '08 DE 300? I know what pieces go where, and I know what position the pv exhaust flapper goes in - and that it's in the "closed" (lowest)
position when the motor is not running.

What about the right and left exhaust valves. Should they block the transfer ports when the motor is idling and open the transfers at high rpm? Or should it be the reverse?

The GG shop manual gives almost no useful information in this regard.

I could us some help. Thanks.

Closed when idling and open when the bike is revved up.
I don't think it will operate smoothly if you put them in wrong.
The other thing you might want to do is check for slop/play in the linkage, because you can tighten that up.
You'll have to pull the clutch cover to do it but now is the time.

moto9,

Thanks. That seemed to be the intuitive way to put it together, but it's nice to have some confirmation BEFORE everything is bolted together.

Will check for slop in the actuating rod / linkage.
I've heard that there should be just a tiny bit of play in it (I'm guessing to keep the pv from opening before the motor revs up). Is that correct?

Just a tiny bit of preload to keep the PV from rattling off the stop too much at idle.

Back