Power valve issue

Noobi06

Hi, My power valve assembly on my GasGas Ec 125 2006 is all right. Ive went over the manual multiple times and it is as it should.
When I attach the governer arm or what its called to the arm that actually raises the power valves, it gets stuck when I go to tighten it.
If I tighten it a very tiny bit, it is hard to raise the valves.
If I tighten it to a torque that feels legit to me so it doesnt vibrate loose, the power valve doesnt move at all. Im not able to raise the arm.
Why is this, im confused? I popped of the cover when the gasser was on and when I give gas, it doesnt budge. This was in neutral gear however. Im not sure if they open in neutral but I suppose they do? Or is it different when ur actually in gear?
Thanks a lot guys

In gear or not won't make any difference.

On the bigger bikes there is a bent piece of wire that moves vertical to raise the lever. It has a stepped bolt on the triangular plate that the valve attaches to.

Is it the same arrangement? They use a nylock nut you have to burn plastic out or it can break this bolt then use a new one, available at hardware store.

Get a new nylock nut and put it on but do not tighten it up against the actuator arm the nut will not move.

Back