Pretty cool sneak debut by Arctic Cat

Berkyboy

Site Sponsor
At the Arctic Cat 2012 snowmobile show in Nashville today (3/9/12) the gave us a very quick, unannounced 15 second look at their soon to be released side by side to go up against the Polaris RZR.

Link here

http://gofasters.com/index.php?main_page=page_4&rub=news&id=479

It happened so fast most people didn't have a chance to even take a picture or video. I was lucky enough to have my camera by my side and got a few seconds of video.

Direct Youtube link with 720HD here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQGAYSz1bME

Last edited:
I'm not a Cat guy but that does look awesome!

Their 2012 sleds are also awesome looking and I would buy one.

Sweet may put some price pressure on Polaris. Would love to get one for the Wife and kid to play with, but not at the current prices :)

Arctic Cat came out swinging at this year's dealer meeting; it's their 50th year of being in business, unleashing the soon to be named side by side as well as three new snowmobile designs.

www.arcticcat.com/snow/

Their biggest announcement game in their new Procross and Proclimb chassis snowmobiles, their performance, crossover and hillclimb sleds, that all had a major redisign where they lost between 55 and 70 lbs per sled over last year.

Arctic Cat also announced their new twin exhaust 1100cc turbo four-stroke motor that has a claimed 177hp as well as a two year warranty. Over the past two years this motors basic design has become known as a 10,000 mile motor that gets nearly twice the fuel economy of its 800cc two-stroke equivalent.

They remind me a lot of GasGas as they're actually a small company in a sea of larger brands namely Polaris, Skidoo and Yamaha yet they keep turning out a decent product.

One of their biggest downfalls is they often get overlooked, especially by the magazines, as they move slowly compared to their competitors but they seem to keep an eye on what?s important and that?s building a reliable product.

A dealer here in NH helped build the Bearcat Z1 XT Groomer Special. From what I heard...this dealer built the first one and told Cat about it. I guess it was so good that Cat came out to see it and the rest is history...

I like my Ski Doo for now. If I had extra money I would buy a XF...I mean a new Gasser. ;)

They told us the same story at the dealer meeting about the trail groomer being dealer inspired.

Arctic Cat is just small enough that they where able to put it into production by just combining a couple of existing sleds and building a "fifth wheel" type hitch plate on an extended tunnel chassis where another small manufacturer is now custom making the actual "blade."

Back