problem fuel 450 fse 03

jenkitchen1006

dave 450 fse on a 03 is there anyone out there that can help me.Iv just bought a gas gas. when i bought the bike the guy couldent get it to rev up ,but i took the bike for less money.I dissconected the throttle position sensor and the bike now wants to not idle .but has quarter to mid range .the guy i bought it of put a new throttle body on .can anyone help

Fraid I dont have a clue with injectors ecu s and the like I confess to understanding and liking carburetors but if you live anywhere near me you are welcome to try replacing bits of yours with bits of mine to try and fault find
I am between Leeds and York if thats any help
Regards Dave

The Gas Gas fuel injection is a "speed density" system.
That means there's no oxygen sensor or air flow meter to adjust the fuel injection based on actual riding conditions.
Speed density operates on preset parameters that are based on a matrix that uses rpm, throttle position, coolant and air temps.

So, the throttle position(TP) plays a very important part in how the bike runs.
You will have to find out the exact set up procedure on the TP sensor. It will involve using a volt meter to adjust it.

I've never done one, so can't offer any advice on how to.

dave 450 fse on a 03 is there anyone out there that can help me.Iv just bought a gas gas. when i bought the bike the guy couldent get it to rev up ,but i took the bike for less money.I dissconected the throttle position sensor and the bike now wants to not idle .but has quarter to mid range .the guy i bought it of put a new throttle body on .can anyone help

Unless you want to buy all the test kit the easiest way is to take it to a reputable dealer and get them to set it up. Make sure they have experience with the 4 strokes as few are sold. You may find that any dealer with kit for Magneti Marelli systems could do it if they can get the settings from GG.

It shouldn't need doing very often and will be cheaper done by a dealer than buying the software etc. I'd recommend Dave at BikeTech.

many thanks to you guy,s for you,r advice bike teck seem,s to be the place,
i took the bike down there today so hopefully ill have it back good to go,dave seems to know away around the bike and i think he would do whatever he's going to do with his eye's closed .i hope iv done the right thing going gas gas .it just seemed to be differant and at the right price ,if there's any one else out there that has owed 02 to 04 450fse i would love to here from you
cheer once again guy's

hi mate,
i have an 03 450 fse, my mate has an 02 400 fse, basically the same bike/engine, we have virtually stripped these bikes and put them back together again, we live in north yorks and love them, if you need to know anything send me a pm

jon

Back