Product Review: Guts Tall Soft Seat Foam

SpeedyManiac

Well, I finally got new seat foam and a cover for my 07 EC250. The guts foam isn't much taller than stock (maybe an inch) but it is worlds better. The shape is more rounded and the foam is softer than the stock 2x4 seat. Fit was perfect and installation easy.

Well worth the money. Now it's not a big deal if I need to sit down for a while.

Nope. The foam is thicker and softer which helps. Mobility is great. This photo was taken today with the new seat. I found it easier to scoot forward and move around on the bike. Not uncomfortable in the least.

SteveCorner1resized.jpg

The narrow top with the square edges is what makes the '07 seat a killer, more so than the hard foam. Think wedge in your butt crack!:eek: Like sitting on a 4x4. The wider rounder profile is the way to go. I was going to do the GUTS foam but my '08 seat is on the way. From Roscoe's photo it looks like it will address all issues.

Thanks for posting your findings. I didn't get a chance to pursue the EE seat idea... lack of funds right now. The Guts seat sounds like a good improvement so the EE is really not worth the effort anymore. Besides, it was only a marginal chance for the EE foam to work due to our seat pan.

Hey Glenn, please post up your views of the '08 seat when you receive it. Thanks!

Back