rear fender 2018 vs 2019

Doc Brown

I ordered a rear fender for a 2019 EC 300. First I got one for the 2014 but that happened as the guy who picked it took it out of the wrong box.

Then I got one for the 2018 but kept it as there is a 2018 in my garage as well. I ordered another one and got a 2018 one again :mad:

Checked both parts books (2018 and 2019) and both fenders have the same part number :rolleyes:

Is there a possibility to tell Gasgas that this isn't a good idea :rolleyes:

I was under the impression that the 2019 had a small extension on it or lip that went over the edge of the airbox and kept the airbox panel from falling off. The 2018 didnt.

I was under the impression that the 2019 had a small extension on it or lip that went over the edge of the airbox and kept the airbox panel from falling off. The 2018 didnt.

It does.
I put a red rear fender on my '18. The '18 side cover fits perfect.

Yes the 2019 has a small tab to hold the airbox cover in place. But as long as dealers have old stock it will happen that we get wrong ones...

GG "should" change a part number anytime there is any change to a part for any reason even a supplier change. Most other big manufacturers do it that way.

The part # can stay the same when it is superceded.
They just need to purge the old stock out of circulation.

Back