Rebuild help needed!

Cstewa37

Hi all, stumbled upon an issue today after rebuilding my engine. Currently reassembling my 2011 EC 250 and I'm stumped where these two nipples connect to anything, and can't see where the original hoses go in photos that I took.

I presume they're breathers of some kind, but can anyone tell me where they're meant to connect to??

Chris

Attachments

• PXL_20220323_152159497.jpg
    PXL_20220323_152159497.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20220323_152207216.jpg
    PXL_20220323_152207216.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 30
They're made to just have a hose running downward to the ground like your carb overflow lines do. At least that's how they are on my '11 EC250R. If you do a lot of deep water crossings I would run the hoses to the top of the air box but that's just me.

I never had an issue with deep crossings would think the exhaust gasses would always be going out anyway. you also want them to drain out the spooge, not sure if that will work if you run the LHS one up. from factory the LHS is down to the skid plate and then folded back and crimped closed - poss so you don't drip spooge on the trail, but would think you need to let it drain out from time to time

Be aware that those two nipples have different size orifices .
The bigger orifice nipple goes on the right side- transmission vent.

I believe the nipple on the right is a breather and should be run up high so no water can get it. the nipple by the exhaust flange is an oil drain from the power valve and should be run downward

I believe the nipple on the right is a breather and should be run up high so no water can get it. the nipple by the exhaust flange is an oil drain from the power valve and should be run downward

I believe this is correct. I have always routed the RHS breather tube up and zip-ty it to the rad hose.

I hit a nearly knee deep water crossing once and ended up with milky tranny oil.

I believe this is correct. I have always routed the RHS breather tube up and zip-ty it to the rad hose.

I hit a nearly knee deep water crossing once and ended up with milky tranny oil.
I had my breathers down to the skid plate and drowned my bike completely a few times, never had the tranny oil go milky. (it takes very little water to make the tranny go milky)

Back