Removing carb

Binni

When you guys remove your carb, do you remove anything else? Or just the clamps and then bend the airbox boot to get it out??

you can heat the boot and bend it aside, but if im going to take the carb out for anything i usually just take the time and lift the whole subframe up by taking out the bottom bolts, and moving it out of the way. you can do most things (change jets, needle/slide) just by loosening the clamps, rotating the top of the carb towards you, taking out the cap and slide, and then rotating it the other way and taking off the bowl.

Thanks a lot for good advice, I'm thinking about pulling the carb out to give it a good cleaning, the bike has sat for a long time with gas in it and it doesn't run as good as I want it to, so I'm gonna start making sure its perfectly clean.

Just unscrew the slide top, and then remove the reed side and airboot side clamps, then pull. No need to pull the subframe. Removing the subframe makes re-installing the carb easier, but really isn't necessary.

+1, I just undo both clips and use a screwdriver to push the airbox side back then the carb almost falls out.
I figure if the airbox boot cracks it is due to be replaced anyway.
Cheers Mark

I would go ahead and take the sub frame off... this is a good way to go over other parts of the bike to see if there might be any other problems the my arise. You stated the bike has been setting a while.

Back