Replay XD - Video Camera

Hey mate, I looked right into helmet cams last year and came to the conclusion that the Replay 1080 XD was the best option. Saying that, I haven't seen one in action, but i have seen the GoPro and the quality is excellent.

Nice image, not as much fish-eye effect as the gopro it seems.
But the advice I give to everyone looking into helmet cams is prepare to spend a lot of time in front of the computer editing and then you decide to share it with your buddies and compress it onto a DVD and loose all of the nice HD quality.
I have actually started using my gopro on time lapse photos instead of video. Still to see how it works out

Only drawback I see on this camera is that it does not have a remote switch like the new gopro and Drift

I like my contour Roam2. Not so obtrusive. Good picture. Easy to on/off. Water resistant. And, believe me; shock resistant.

I like what I see about this camera. I have a Contour HD which works fine but would not buy another because they rip you off on the accessories. A single helmet mount is $20. Replay XD gives you 5 for that amount.

All
Great feedback!!!
I went ahead and bit the bullet and got it.
The size is awesome.
The negative things I hear is that the battery cannot be removed and does not have the longest record time (roughly 2 hrs).
Comes with a 4GB card...but the place I bought from also gave me a 32GB card as well!!!
One cool feature I see so far is that it vibrates when you hit the record button ON & OFF - Now have to see if I can actually feel it once on my helmet.....

IMAG0716_1_zps17fbe8a5.jpg

I read some place that Contour has closed the doors! Were they out of the PNW some place?

Yep contour closed its doors. They were out of Seattle Washington. I have a contour roam and like it a lot. Glad its never gave me any trouble because support may now be a issue. :mad:

An alternative....
http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Image-...id=1376157718&sr=1-2&keywords=365BK+MX+Goggle

They were being sold as low as $50 but have gone up to $99. I got a pair and would give them a 4 outta 5 star rating.

I almost bought a pair off those from Woot last year. I know a few guys with them and they all say they like their GoPro better so I chickened out haha.

A guy on a local forum just bought a Replay and seems to really like it. I am waiting for him to post some video from it.

Back