Runs 5 sec. And dies? 2005 450 fse

SHELBSKI

Hello
I have a 2005 450 fse, bike was running great but battery would die, determined stator was bad and not recharging the battery. I got a new stator from gofasters installed it started bike it ran for 5 sec. and died. Now that's all the bike will do. If you try to give it throttle it dies immediately. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

My mates 450 yzf was doing the start run stop you mentioned. If we tried to give it throttle it would make no real effort to rev. Ckeaned the carb out and away it went. Im guessing that you have a carb?

The bike is fuel injected.

Suggest you send a private message to "nick" and ask him for advice.

Jeff

You could have a bad earth. had this on my kx250 when i restored it connector wasent seated with a bolt correclty would idle perfect but the second i touched the throttle it would die. Spark was ineffient. Have u checked all connections?

Sorry been busy. Checked fuel system all seems to be good. New spark plug bike still runs only 5-8 sec. And dies battery checked good 14.5 volts at battery when it is running. Checked all fuses. How do the set of gears the starter turns that turn the fly wheel work?

I purchased the techno research software. It shows under the DTC & function errors screen a red flag on the Crank/Cam button and on the status flags screen a red flag on the throttle at idle or W.O.T button.
Any suggestions?

On the gauges view, what readouts do you get for throttle position? Mine used to give 6.7-83 degrees.

here are some screen shots of the techno research software

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 22
solved!

the white wire to the crank angel sensor was pinched under the black protective sleeve enough to create a higher resistance in the wire and change the signal to the ecu? I cut out the smashed piece of wire reassembled and she runs great again!

Thanks for the help!

the white wire to the crank angel sensor was pinched under the black protective sleeve enough to create a higher resistance in the wire and change the signal to the ecu? I cut out the smashed piece of wire reassembled and she runs great again!

Thanks for the help!

That was a good one. You mean the wire (1 of 2) that goes into the engine on the left lower side?

Hello fellow gassers!
I ride a -06 450 FSE and I'm having exactly the same problem as SHELBSKI had, exept all the wiring seems to be ok.

I removed the crank sensor and noticed that it had been changed at some point to another brand sensor (pic).

13423054.t.jpg

Is there any way to measure if the sensor works?
I get about 102-103 Ohms of resistance when measuring from the soldered spots. I got the same from the ECU connector so the wires sould be ok.

Im quite new to gassers, and have only ridden the bike for about 2 hours. It worked great until it stalled on me. I fiddled around with the wires a bit and got it working for about a kilometer, when it did the same thing and I had to push it home.
Now it starts, runs about 5 secs and stalls, any gas --> it stalls.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Pertsa - I doubt this is the exact same problem as me but just to be safe go to your ECU and there should be a blue - yellow wire hat attaches to one of those screws that holds the ECU on.

Is it connected fully? (To the test of the blue yellow wire and wherever it goes?)
Or is it disconnected at the middle or not connected at all?

I ask because I had a similar but less severe problem on my 07 FsR, when I had the wires connected. With them connected he bike like wanted to die ... It was scary. (Does your pipe glow too? (Mine did!))

It could be that you have the wire connected which mean lean map sometime the bike don't get nuff fuel and it is real sad . So my advice is fiddle with that wire. I. My case since I disconnected it, it is better! Happier healthier bike!!!! Less worries!!!! No red pipe etc zzzzz wooooo hooooo!!!!

Back