Selling or parting out 2004 EC300 w/Ohlins

wbagwell

Hey Guys,

I'm going to sell the whole bike for now. I'm asking $2800 for the bike. I can't sell it to anyone in California, because California refuses to register any bike that has a 49-state VIN, which this bike has. Since I can't attach photos to this post, please email me if you'd like to see pictures of the bike. Here's a list of what's on the bike:

Ohlins front and rear
BRP top triple clamp (for mounting a Scotts steering damper)
Pro Taper KTM bend bars
Bar risers (I have them raised an inch and a half or so)
FMF Gnarly Pipe
Spare FMF Gnarly pipe (dented)
Carbon fiber pipe guard (you can see it's pretty beat up, but the pipe's in great shape)
FMF spark arrestor
LTR speedo magnet
LTR power valve cover
LTR needle
JD jet kit
LTR Honda chain guide mount (with Honda chain guide)
Almost-new chain and Ironman sprockets
New Footpegs (I forget which brand)
BRP rear disc guard
Hard guards
Grip Heaters (you probably won't need those in Hawaii!)
Steel braided throttle cable
LTR case guard
Spare air filters
LTR lowering link (the seat is about 1 inch lower)
Rekluse clutch - Does NOT come with original clutch, this is the clutchless model.
3.2 gallon tank, plus stock gas tank
A whole bunch of random spare parts

A few notes:
-The kickstand isn't on the bike - the spring fell off and needs to be replaced.
-This bike supposedly originally belonged to a GasGas dealer in Idaho, and was sold to a girl here in California. I bought it for my wife since it's got the Rekluse and is lowered. Its been ridden pretty easy since I got it, but my wife dropped it a lot so it's got plenty of scratches.
-The ICO computer in those pictures won't be on the bike. The stock computer is still on it but it didn't work when I bought it, and I never tried to get it working because I had the ICO anyways. It might work, but I'm not sure.
-The suspension is set up pretty soft, for a light rider. The forks have light fork springs in them. I think I still have the stock springs.

Last edited:
Wow that sucks! So they would give you a red sticker then even though VIN doesn't have a C or 3...Is this happening a lot? I was thinking about buying a Gas Gas since the VIN will get you a green sticker up to like 06 I think it is. :(

Really....

I'm looking for an ec250 or 300, but have heard Wash. State has started to do the exact same thing. I need the bike to be street legal to be able to connect road to trail over here.
It's hard to believe that a broken State still has the time and funds to do this kind of thing!
Good luck to U.

I'd like to learn more about the events surrounding the seizure of your
licence plate AND title by the Ca. DMV.
As a fellow owner of a street legal GasGas I would be interested
to know the facts.
Such as, when the bike was given a street plate and title? Was it
after the Jan 31st. 2004 cut off date for dirt bike conversions?
Were you pulled over by an officer and he initated the review with
the DMV. etc...
Man that sux big time. I have heard of a few people stating their
plates for such bikes as CRF450X and XR650R being pulled. These
were all issued after the cut off date though. Some how they slipped
through and later got caught.
Even if they pulled the plate. You still have a pink slip and title to the
bike. It might get ammended to a Green or Red OHV sticker status, but, you
are still the rightfull owner.
Sell it to a friend in Idaho or Arizona for a $1.00 Have them register it
with a plate and (borrow) it from them to ride in Ca. *once in a while* ;^)
Good luck, Jeff So. Cal.

I've had my 99 EC200 since 01, green sticker every year! No issues at all, not to say that some thing could come up!

thats my second fav thing about mt, we dont care about emissions, 2t is fine onroad or off here.
the first would be that it seems there are less ignorant !@#$%s here than more populated states(no offense to anyone here, unless you shot a llama and tagged it as an elk, or bought a crapload of land here and marked it no hunting, so you could sell it for profit later, cuz you should commit suicide if so!!)

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I'm going to sell the whole bike for now. I'm asking $2800 for the bike. I can't sell it to anyone in California, because California refuses to register any bike that has a 49-state VIN, which this bike has. Since I can't attach photos to this post, please email me if you'd like to see pictures of the bike. Here's a list of what's on the bike:

Ohlins front and rear
BRP top triple clamp (for mounting a Scotts steering damper)
Pro Taper KTM bend bars
Bar risers (I have them raised an inch and a half or so)
FMF Gnarly Pipe
Spare FMF Gnarly pipe (dented)
Carbon fiber pipe guard (you can see it's pretty beat up, but the pipe's in great shape)
FMF spark arrestor
LTR speedo magnet
LTR power valve cover
LTR needle
JD jet kit
LTR Honda chain guide mount (with Honda chain guide)
Almost-new chain and Ironman sprockets
New Footpegs (I forget which brand)
BRP rear disc guard
Hard guards
Grip Heaters (you probably won't need those in Hawaii!)
Steel braided throttle cable
LTR case guard
Spare air filters
LTR lowering link (the seat is about 1 inch lower)
Rekluse clutch - Does NOT come with original clutch, this is the clutchless model.
3.2 gallon tank, plus stock gas tank
A whole bunch of random spare parts

A few notes:
-The kickstand isn't on the bike - the spring fell off and needs to be replaced.
-This bike supposedly originally belonged to a GasGas dealer in Idaho, and was sold to a girl here in California. I bought it for my wife since it's got the Rekluse and is lowered. Its been ridden pretty easy since I got it, but my wife dropped it a lot so it's got plenty of scratches.
-The ICO computer in those pictures won't be on the bike. The stock computer is still on it but it didn't work when I bought it, and I never tried to get it working because I had the ICO anyways. It might work, but I'm not sure.
-The suspension is set up pretty soft, for a light rider. The forks have light fork springs in them. I think I still have the stock springs.

Is the bike still for sale?

Hi, I'm a neighbor to the east in Reno. I am just finishing my 1998 ec250 restoration it came with cal. title and plate. It has a fresh 2001 ec250 engine, new linkage bearings. fresh paint , seat cover and plastics. New tires, chain and sprockets. Straight pipe (doma) with eline guard. W.E.R above fender steering stablizer. Hand guards and slimmer more tucked in turn signals and tail light. The bike has the 1998 front end on it but I have a 2003 WP front end for it. It has a large clear like new desert tank on it and I have a few other smaller ones for the bike. It might be a win-win deal to trade straight across. Patrick (775)232-0954 p.s. my kickstand isn't on eighter can't figure out how it mounts.

Back