Sherco

on2wheels4ever

Well have you guys thought of buying one? I'm buying a bike in the next month, why not a Sherco? Beta???? Gas Gas is a touch scary at the moment.

I don't know about Sherco but I have a Beta 300rr and an xTrainer which both seem to be excellent.

I think Beta will be around for the long haul.

For 2 strokes there are three bikes I am interested in, GG beta and Sherco and if I was buying new I would (unfortunately) cut that down to two

On my second Sherco SER 300. Great bikes and probably the most similar to GasGas to ride. Easy transition and don't require a lot of setup. Also very easy bike to work on and stone reliable like a GasGas.

On my second Sherco SER 300. Great bikes and probably the most similar to GasGas to ride. Easy transition and don't require a lot of setup. Also very easy bike to work on and stone reliable like a GasGas.

I have no doubt the Beta is a great bike and I have a good dealer nearby, I really like the idea of the Shercos mapping, from what I have read it really changes the power, much more than my current Gasser and the Beta also. I guess I should ride a Beta before I rule it out.

I have no doubt the Beta is a great bike and I have a good dealer nearby, I really like the idea of the Shercos mapping, from what I have read it really changes the power, much more than my current Gasser and the Beta also. I guess I should ride a Beta before I rule it out.

If you make it to Lawton Saturday for the Grapevine Family Enduro you can ride the Beta 300 there. A couple of my other customers will be there with 250s as well, so I'm sure we could get you a back-to-back.

Last edited:
I rode the 2015 sherco 300 2stroke a few weeks back. Definitely went quicker than my 2012 300r. I found it very light in the steering compared to my bike, which I didn't like. However this could be something that you could get used to after a few hours. I preferred the factory version to the standard 300. I haven't ridden the beta but have read lots of good reports. One thing I do like is the ease of air box access. Looks like sherco may be going full injection soon.,
http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/enduro21/item/2210-first-look-?-sherco?s-300-se-r-fuel-injection

Regards
Josh

I can only speak for myself but I didn't have a pleasurable customer experience with the current distributor of that brand. I am being polite by not elaborating further.

People are important

I can only speak for myself but I didn't have a pleasurable customer experience with the current distributor of that brand. I am being polite by not elaborating further.

Suffice it to say that me and my riding buddy Jason won't be buying Sherco's anytime soon for the same reason.:D
They seem like sweet bikes!

I've had no problems with the importer, as a matter of fact he's gone out of his way to make sure I was satisfied. He's aces in my book. As for the 300se-r he shipped to my house it is by far the best handling enduro bike I have owned right out of the crate! And I've owned many Huskies and GG's. They were good,but not as good as this Sherco. They've set the bar to a new level. Buy one, you won't be sorry.

At this point in time, I'd go with the Sherco, no question. In part because it is a very good machine, which is the most important thing. And also because of the extraordinary helpful customer service from the knowledgeable person who is current Sherco distributor. I speak from personal experience, having purchased an e-start 2011 GG 300 from him back in 2012 for another family member, who needed an e-start.

Buying a Gas Gas today is more than a little scary, given all the well known problems in some recent years models, and the current bankruptcy, which could affect parts availability and the already low resale value. Ask me how I know -- I've 4 GG's. Once upon a time, a very good brand relative to the competition.

Were I to buy a new machine today, it would be a Sherco. Call up its excellent distributor and talk, then decide for yourself what works best for you.

Right there too with Sherco. Way better built bike than my gas gas. Handling is equal, weight is noticeably better. I'm a rare case and having trouble getting the suspension to work for me but regardless I wouldn't go back, it's just a much better motorcycle.

Personally I like how the importer is no bullshit and says it how it is even if it's not what you want to hear.

Back