Shift lever placement

sbeec

I did a search and couldn't find anything close since '07,,,,

Anyway, I've got a 02 EC 250 and I can't move the shifter up on the spline far enough to make easy shifts while standing. I have to make an exaggerated foot movement to up shift. The shift lever placement on the spline is limited due to contact with the chain on the Counter shaft sprocket.

Do other people have this problem >>>? Is there any fix for this??

Rich

You can heat it with a MAPP torch and bend it up to what would be a "half spline" amount.

I have the same problem with my '03 EC200 but I thought it was due to my size 14 boots. My Husky shifter can be moved anywhere you want but I can't get the brake pedal low enough. I'm thinking of buying a good TIG welder and cutting things up and moving them where I want.:) I looked at the Hammerhead shifters but I'm not sure they would solve both the height and length problem. If you're not 5'9" and size 9 boot I guess you're on you own.

The hammerhead helped tons with the shifting . Well worth the money. Still haven't had a chance to address the brake though. Tonight I will take a picture of hammerhead next to the stock. It gives you that extra room you are needing.
If you ever make it to the dry side of the state I will let you try it.;)

Ibut I can't get the brake pedal low enough.

You have to shorten the brake actuator bolt.

vibration-pedale-frein-1.jpg

vibration-pedale-frein-2.jpg

If you ever make it to the dry side of the state I will let you try it.;)

Thanks for all the replys - it gives me some options.....I'll have to compare the hammerhead to the other.......I hate having to make an un-natural movement when standing to shift.

and Waycrazy - I see the NMA has a run in a couple months at little naches....maybe hook up for that run?

Rich

Back