Shorty levers ?

poelinca

Next month i'll be in the market to buy some shorty levers.

What brands/models do you guys have on your bikes ? Thanks in advance

p.s. the bike is EC300 '14 model

They are not many options that I know of. I had a shorty from a Gas Gas trials bike on my 2013. I think the clutch on the newer bikes is an AJP2 and the brake is Nissen, so the sky is probably the limit on the brake, but the clutch has less options.

If it's the same as my '13 then any lever that will fit any of the bike in the picture will work for the brake.

For the clutch I just ordered a Zeta lever.

Here are the Zeta part numbers for both in a folding lever.

Brake : ZE41-3206 (Nissin master cylinder)
Clutch : ZE42-3185 (AJP clutch lever, the same with GAS GAS trial)

I'm not sure if they are considered shorty or not.

If it's the same as my '13 then any lever that will fit any of the bike in the picture will work for the brake.

For the clutch I just ordered a Zeta lever.

Here are the Zeta part numbers for both in a folding lever.

Brake : ZE41-3206 (Nissin master cylinder)
Clutch : ZE42-3185 (AJP clutch lever, the same with GAS GAS trial)

I'm not sure if they are considered shorty or not.

I don't really need them to be very short, just shorter than the original.

The left hand side hand guard cant be properly torqued down because the clutch lever is way to long (longer than the break lever).

Zeta's look nice and shorter from the pics, i'll have to check out the parts numbers between '13 and '14 and see if they match, i'll probably email them and see what they say. Shipping from Jap to EU would probably turn out a bit expensive and long, but that will have to do if they match and can't find a source around here.

Thanks for the fast replies

I have a Moose Racing shorty clutch lever that is listed for GG up to 2007 but it looks like an exact fit for my 2014 300. If you wish, I can install the lever and tell you if the lever fits properly. You can search on part number 0613-0016 or 1CDGS17...

Eric

I have a Moose Racing shorty clutch lever that is listed for GG up to 2007 but it looks like an exact fit for my 2014 300. If you wish, I can install the lever and tell you if the lever fits properly. You can search on part number 0613-0016 or 1CDGS17...

Eric

0613-0016 Moose Racing Clutch lever is listed to fit '14 TXT models, i need to check if they have the same GG part number or if they are interchangeable between TXT and EC, witch might be the case. And they are very cheep too ... great find :D

That would be great if you can try it out, just no rush since i'm going to buy it next month. So when you have the free time :o

Next month i'll be in the market to buy some shorty levers.

What brands/models do you guys have on your bikes ? Thanks in advance

p.s. the bike is EC300 '14 model

Cut that knob off the end, like Jacob says with a grinder!!! That's the first thing to go on my new-ish bikes/levers.

P.S. Jacob, check your texts. What part of CO? And did you get that new bike yet??

10 minutes! It's a 1/2" of soft ass aluminum. I don't even remove them, soft ass shit cuts like butter. Don't be a puss, just hack and smooth out with a file. Easy sleazy.

I was able to successfully install on my 2014 300E the Moose shorty clutch lever as described in my prior post. Please note, I did not use the stock clutch adjustment screw as I was trying for a quick check. Instead, I used an S3 adjustment screw which has a larger head allowing it to be adjusted with fingers. This screw interfered with the large switch assembly requiring some additional adjustment. In sum: The Moose shorty clutch lever works, it is inexpensive, and only requires a little adjustment if you are using an S3 adjustment screw. Good luck finding the lever in Europe! If you do, you will be happy!

Eric

I was able to successfully install on my 2014 300E the Moose shorty clutch lever as described in my prior post. Please note, I did not use the stock clutch adjustment screw as I was trying for a quick check. Instead, I used an S3 adjustment screw which has a larger head allowing it to be adjusted with fingers. This screw interfered with the large switch assembly requiring some additional adjustment. In sum: The Moose shorty clutch lever works, it is inexpensive, and only requires a little adjustment if you are using an S3 adjustment screw. Good luck finding the lever in Europe! If you do, you will be happy!

Eric

This is great news! Thanks a million, too bad you are half way across the globe ... it will be impossible to reward you with a couple of cold beers.

I have a stock AJP clutch lever that came with my bike. Not sure why GasGas would send an AJP spare when my bike has a Brembo clutch. If someone needs it I would be glad to sell it for close to the cost of a replacement Brembo for my bike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back