slip-on 450fse?

My '05 FSE450 came with a European non spark arrestor silencer attached, and a FMF U.S.F.S. spark arrestor silencer which I mounted when I got her home. The FMF was 96 decibels, and the European was much quieter, but quite a bit heavier. The FMF had quite a bit more power too.

Interested in who makes quiet ones. My silencer / slip-on is a bit bashed about. I guess a different make might mean getting the idle trimmed again?

Has anybody replaced their silencer on a 07 450?
Mine, I beleive is the stock issue. It's got GasGas and some numbers stamped into the side of it.
I'll be riding in an area in a few months that requires a spark arrestor, I don't think this silencer has one.

I had endcaps made for the 07 with a SA. I dont have the shop anymore but you can call Steve at (775) 738 -3276 and he should still have them there. If you cant get ahold of him let me know.

Has anybody replaced their silencer on a 07 450?
Mine, I beleive is the stock issue. It's got GasGas and some numbers stamped into the side of it.
I'll be riding in an area in a few months that requires a spark arrestor, I don't think this silencer has one.

I'm way late for this discussion, but if you haven't found a solution, just get a Cobra Sparky. They sell universal fit units that clamp onto the end of your can for a spark arrestor.
GG aftermarket support is iffy at best, and I found the Cobra for about $65 after giving up on a silencer.

Not to keep beating a dead horse .....

My 05 FSE came with an FMF "Q". I consider it to be much louder than I'd like whether it passes at 96 or not. The FMF doesn't have any kind of model or part number that I have seen. I have tried emailing them to see if they could tell me what they sold to GG but haven't gotten any answer.
I figured that if I could find out what I have or what it was made to fit (can't imagine that they made something special just for GG 450s) I could go looking for something quieter. I'd even consider the newer (suposedly quieter) version from FMF but wouldn't know what to order. Any ideas?

Bruce

Back