So, you want the e-start?

Would be a consideration if I had a tweaked subframe or wanted to update a pre-07 bike. I know Dave Fair is bringing in some kits, for any Canadians looking for pricing.

Wes.

I don't know,, I understand it's benefits after riding a four stroke but I can kick my 97 without trouble,, balancing and never using my hand to pull the kicker out. Might be since it's so old and loose tho.

The US number is $975. You get the battery and subframe with it, but have to buy a seat and plastic for bikes older than 07. The kit fits '96 and up.

ordered the e-start kit today

Thanks for the post about the recent availability of the e-start kit. I ordered one today from GoFasters, and might have it in a couple of weeks. My wife, who has trouble kick starting her GG 300 once it "stops" on the trail, is very much enthused. Previously it looked like we'd have to switch to another make with an e-start. She enjoys her GG 300, particularly after the suspension work Les at LTRacing did.

Thanks for the post about the recent availability of the e-start kit. I ordered one today from GoFasters, and might have it in a couple of weeks. My wife, who has trouble kick starting her GG 300 once it "stops" on the trail, is very much enthused. Previously it looked like we'd have to switch to another make with an e-start. She enjoys her GG 300, particularly after the suspension work Les at LTRacing did.

So have you done this kit? ..or anyone else out there? I have an 01 and are there other elements to make this fit? I heard the 01 wouldn't fit but one poster had where his friend had done his 2000.

When the e-start retrofit kit came out a few years ago, I attempted to purchase it right away from Mark at GoFasters, who was very helpful. But I could not get the kit for many months, due to several difficulties including shipping difficulties (from Spain) and US Customs inspection delays that took far longer than expected. There came a time when the delays took too long and I went in a different direction, and cancelled the order.

If you get the kit, check out whether you'll also need the upgraded ignition - I think the 2K-3 instead of the 2K-2, not sure about that. There are some old posts about that. Mark is also familiar with what you need. Good luck.

When the e-start retrofit kit came out a few years ago, I attempted to purchase it right away from Mark at GoFasters, who was very helpful. But I could not get the kit for many months, due to several difficulties including shipping difficulties (from Spain) and US Customs inspection delays that took far longer than expected. There came a time when the delays took too long and I went in a different direction, and cancelled the order.

If you get the kit, check out whether you'll also need the upgraded ignition - I think the 2K-3 instead of the 2K-2, not sure about that. There are some old posts about that. Mark is also familiar with what you need. Good luck.

Thanks.. I keep looking but it just looks like I should start with a newer bike if I am to get an estart kit.

Back