Speedo not working after installing XC start button on my 2018 EC300?

Mikelb01

I need some help. I wanted to install the XC style start button on my EC300 and get rid of the Bulky starting/headlight cluster that comes stock on the 2018-19 EC300's. I found a tutorial on this forum explaining how to do it: http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23516

So I did the same thing. I cut and spliced the two wires from the Starter button
(XC) with the corresponding wires going into the main wiring harness on my bike.
The starter button would work but I noticed my headlight was very dim. After riding the bike for maybe an hour, my Speedo has stopped working. It doesn't wake up when you move the bike around or start it up. The green flasher indicator on the speedo itself is illuminated at all times now, but the number readout isn't there. Even after shutting the bike off several hours, the green signal indicator on the Speedo screen is still lit up? I replaced the battery in the Speedo unit itself hoping my problem would be solved, but it still doesn't work? Anyone got any ideas?

Back