Stacy's 300ec Gasgas shakedown cruise

Looks like the bike needs a weed-wacker attachment (lol); crazy how much growth there is on the trails. Was that on a dedicated trail system, or were you guys out on private property?

I've been to the big island a couple times, always wanted to pack my gear and look for a place to rent a bike for a day. I bet the terrain there provides a whole bunch of fun and challenge.

Looks like the bike needs a weed-wacker attachment (lol); crazy how much growth there is on the trails. Was that on a dedicated trail system, or were you guys out on private property?

I've been to the big island a couple times, always wanted to pack my gear and look for a place to rent a bike for a day. I bet the terrain there provides a whole bunch of fun and challenge.

Yea that's more private but regular trails. Everything grows real fast especially since it rains here . Trails can disappear and be swallowed up by the growth. That's why you'll see a bunch of guys locally that put machetes or cane knives mounted on their bikes. Some of this section was around since the 70's but guys just bypassed. I just came up here and started cutting and reopening parts of the trails anyway some parts are regularly used. I was just looking and there are a couple of guys that rent out bikes. Here's one for Oahu. I'm wondering who this is but wish him well. I know there are guys that would love to ride but just don't know how to go about it.

http://www.dirtbikinghawaii.com/Dir...ls_and_Tours_Oahu_Trail_Motorcycle_Rides.html

Last edited:
Back