Throttle cable / slide

Gassey fan

Just enquiring as this is my first 2 stroke dirt bike is the slide in the carby supposed to shut completely when bike is at idle as throttle cable is adjusted all the way out no adjustment left i don't even have any free play on throttle
the bike is a stock 07 ec300

cheers Chris

The slide should sit on the idle adjustment screw with the throttle closed. There should be a small amount of free play in the cable and throttle which allows for cable lengths changing slightly as you turn the handlebars.

As a test with the bike stopped open the throttle 1/2 way or more and release quickly you should be able to hear the slide hit the idle adjustment screw. Marshalls usually check for this when scruitineering at a race as well.

cheers looks like i will have to buy a longer throttle cable as i have about a 3-4mm gap at bottom of slide

thanks chris

cheers looks like i will have to buy a longer throttle cable as i have about a 3-4mm gap at bottom of slide

thanks chris

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You sure it hasn't jumped out of the fitting? Most likely under the rubber boot at the twist grip. Lot of people wire that up as they are a bit prone to it and it makes riding very exciting when it jumps out.

Back