throttle cable

steve

I have a very embaressing question,so here it goes;I have an 06 EC300 can I have step by step instructions on putting my new Motion Pro throttle cable?Why does it seem to short ,not routing,when attached!?!?When you guys stop laughing please help!Now I no why I sell them and buy new,it is so I don't have to deal with this s**t!I can't even remember when I had one co
mpletly off a bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the rant,but this thing is handing me my ass!!!!!!

Here are a couple pics with some arrows of the routing. It's easier to see then try to describe in words. :)

Route the cable in front of the handle bar clamp:

cable_route_1.jpg

Route the cable down the left side frame (between radiator and frame). Then, it connects smoothly with the carb.

cable_route_2.jpg

NOTE: When you connect the inner cable to the carb slide, make sure you have the inner cable end in the slot and the plastic spring seat tab correctly in the slot (to keep the cable located there). You will see this when you have the carb slide out.

Done!The problem was the plastic protector for the cable adjuster on the perch needed to be hogged out.It was holding up the cable sheath from going to the adjuster thus depriving the slack I needed.

Back