Tire stand for moose or tire balls

kim

I'm looking at getting a tire stand for doing the tire when using moose's inner tubes.
But they are bloody expensive here, so I thought I might just make one. But I need a couple of photos and some measurements.

Anybody willing to sent me or upload some photos and some measurements.

Cheers

Kim

This one, by far is the most functional I've ever seen.
The lever has a vertical bar that pushes down on the tire bead while you use the tire tools on the opposite side.
Kinda hard to see, but there's a rod that the wheel slides over to hold in place.

new_Roy00062_copia.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tire-changer-for-Bib-Mousse-and-Tire-Balls-inserts_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ111116QQihZ009QQitemZ190034727874#ebayphotohosting

Well, the darn things are advertised here for nearly NZD600 or about USD400.

At USD90 I would buy one today.

K

the need for the lever,

Jeff, when mounting Mousse's the lever holds the tire bead down into the rim cavity. It makes it a lot easier. You don't need vice grips to hold the tire down while bull-dogging the tire on.

I found a used 16" truck rim and welded a axle in the center to keep the wheel centered and stable. A bead breaker could be added from there

I'm looking at getting a tire stand for doing the tire when using moose's inner tubes.
But they are bloody expensive here, so I thought I might just make one. But I need a couple of photos and some measurements.

Anybody willing to sent me or upload some photos and some measurements.

Cheers

Kim

Back