Truly converting a 17 EC250 to a EC300

flatout111

Hey guys, so I am contemplating getting a 2017 EC250. When I planned on getting a pre-owned second bike I said my 2 per-requisites were e start and it be a 300. Check on the e start. So I worked out a great deal for this bike but it is a 250 which, I know, are great, but I do prefer the more lugging capibility of the 300. I also think it is better for the extremely technical.

So my question. To truly convert it to being the exact same as a EC300 what has to be done? I want it to be just like the 300 in all aspects, with the exception of paperwork, of course. I need to factor this conversion, if can be done, in on the final costs to make my decision.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yup, just the cylinder, head and piston. I've turned several 250s into 300s. If you're in the market, I have a replated cylinder, piston and S3 head for sale with low hours for sale. PM me for details and pictures.

Ended up getting a like new 300 cylinder from Jeff at Hall's Cycles plus a new piston and gaskets. This 300 cylinder was from a guy who wanted to do the opposite. He wanted to go from a 300 to a 250 so this will be perfect and about same year, too.

My mechanic wanted to know if the manual has torque values or assembly tolerances but I don't have a manual.

Can anyone assist with this. Jeff said it should bolt right on with no issues but I think my mechanic just wants to be sure.

Thanks for any assistance.

Have any of you guys done a 125 to 200 conversation? What all would I need to do this? Its an 08 125ec what years parts can use?

Have any of you guys done a 125 to 200 conversation? What all would I need to do this? Its an 08 125ec what years parts can use?

The 125 and 200 motors are quite different. The 200 is a scaled down 250/300 with a short stroke crank and smaller bore. None of these parts will fit the 125 cases, I believe.

People have converted their 125s into 144 with great success, but I presume that's how big it gets.

Back