VForce 3 reed wear

canadianstrom

I pulled my reed valves to check them on my 11 EC300 - 60 hours ( trail ride speed mostly) . They all look good except the lower reed I could see a lot of light through the petal itself ( not the edges sealing to the frame ) when I held a flash light to it. It felt fine. Its surfaces felt the same and still seemed as stiff as the others. Is this an issue?

Thanks for any input.

I pulled my reed valves to check them on my 11 EC300 - 60 hours ( trail ride speed mostly) . They all look good except the lower reed I could see a lot of light through the petal itself ( not the edges sealing to the frame ) when I held a flash light to it. It felt fine. Its surfaces felt the same and still seemed as stiff as the others. Is this an issue?

Thanks for any input.

Are they closing completely? Meaning sealing on all 3 sides? No chipped or frayed edges?
They are pretty thin and carbon so it would seem to make sense that a bright lite would some what shine through them.

I'd say there fine as long as no chips on the edges.

I had the Problem with the vforce that they are sealed in the front but not on the sides also with new reeds. I switched back to boyesen reed cage and now the bike is working good.

thanks for ithe nput

The reeds do seal along the edges nicely. They all seemed to have a good seal and snap back in place. The only concern was one petal allowed light through.

light

ok to be clear, the light is NOT coming through were the reed petal contacts the frame. is through the entire petal. Like the carbon fibre weave is more widley spaced.

Back