Well, I'm in...

Krasi

Silver Level Site Supporter
Hello to all of you from SE Europe.
This is my first posting here and it's mainly to do some "bragging" what Santa brought me in September. It's a 2009 EC300. Below are some pictures.

I haven't ridden it really yet, but first impression is that apparently I'll have to order some spare plastics, especially rear fenders, as the thing has quite a lot of power for my abilities and I can see a lot of "mislandings" in the future.

Anyway, here are my first two cents: the right hand 2008 CRD radiator guard does not fit my frame. Seems like I'll have to machine an extra plate to be able to fix it. Left one is OK. I'm waiting for the arrival of Hyde skid plate and pipe guard combo to see how it'll go.

Also, here are my first questions:
1. In the manual, the engine temp gauge is stated as optional. Does this mean it's part of the Power Parts catalogue?

2. My electronic unit does not display RPMs, because the cable for that is not connected to anything. The unit has a cable with TACHO marking, but there is no corresponding connector for it (the shape is really peculiar!) Is that an option too or it's just bad luck and my toy is with a "defect"?

I'll ask the "dealer", but funny enough this is the first delivery of GasGas-es to the country in general (it's a small country) and we're both on the same learning curve. He has also delivered a few 4t, but my EC300 is unique so far, so we don't have a reference. Thanks in advance for any kind of input.

The unloading

007889867.jpg

September Christmas

007889870.jpg

Moments before the first start

007889886.jpg

The nicest picture yet

007891696.jpg

Welcome to the club, and congrats on the new bike! You may want to try talking with Extra Products in Serres, Greece as they know quite a bit about the GasGas bikes and would have seen the 09s at the ISDE there earlier this month.

Aw got the first scratch out of the way. Now you can beat the tar out of it and it'll ask for more.

Have fun! :)

Roscoe

dude how tall are you??? you pretty much dwarf the bike!!!

I'm a shorty - 172cm (approx 5' 8"). I guess it's the perspective of the camera that creates such false impression.

skid jackson said:
The caption for that pic with the kid in it should say ....

Happiness is a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich and a new Gas Gas!!

True, true. It was a McD Happy Meal, but that's just insignificant details :)

Back