wence

Bronze Level Site Supporter
Ok guys,
I have the choice of :
Rock oil,
Motul 800,
or GRO,
for premix oil for my 07 Ec 300.
What is best or are they all pretty much the same?
Also if changing from Motul to either of the other two do I need to adjust jetting or should they all do the same job.
I run 50:1.
Thanks in advance
Mark:)

Ok guys,
I have the choice of :
Rock oil,
Motul 800,
or GRO,
Also if changing from Motul to either of the other two do I need to adjust jetting or should they all do the same job.
Thanks in advance

Anyone?
Just looking for peoples preference.
Thanks Guys,
Mark:confused:

If it is jaso fc rated then it is "good enough".

I prefer to run 36:1. The EC is run on the street in europe so, it is my belief, that they opt for the higher mix ratio to reduce smoke. More oil gives better cooling - oil transfers heat away from piston, etc. And also you get better lubrication of the crank bearings.

jeff

If it is jaso fc rated then it is "good enough".

I prefer to run 36:1. The EC is run on the street in europe so, it is my belief, that they opt for the higher mix ratio to reduce smoke. More oil gives better cooling - oil transfers heat away from piston, etc. And also you get better lubrication of the crank bearings.

jeff

Thanks Jeff.

Ok guys,
I have the choice of :
Rock oil,
Motul 800,
or GRO,
Thanks in advance

Jetting should not change if you stick with the 50/1 ratio. If you switch to 36/1 for your ratio the extra oil will lean out the fuel to air mix in your carb (because the gas part of the fuel is reduced an amount equal to the extra oil). Re jet richer if you switch to 36/1.

Back