where can i find a cheap set of handguards?

dank

im looking for the bar and the plastics.im running on a tight budget. ufo's are looking like the cheapest right now. any help would be appreciated.

Most inexpensive I have found are the Moose guards, around $45. You can order them for either small or fat bars. Some brands you have to buy the fat bar mounts for extra $$. The plastic sets aren't a whole lot more if you need them.
I think they aren't as strong as most of the guys here want but at 1/2 the price (or less) they work good for me and my kid. We have abused them good for 2 riding seasons and no complaints.
They are a bit of a hassle to fit though because of the hydraulic hoses. A sturdy vise and strong crescent wrench (or pipe wrench with a rag to not damage the finish) and you can tweak them to fit. If you don't have a vise to "adjust" them I'm not sure you could make them fit.
Our main concern was broken levers (from dropping the bike) and broken hands (from hitting trees).

Do a search because this subject has been covered a hundred times and many members have included photos of some really nice set-ups.

dank,
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/home.do has several @ the $30 range. i have not used any myself but there are reviews on the items page that rate them as good. personally i use EE guards and they are tuff and have saved my controls and knuckles several times, with no damage. i would say anything would be better them nothing.
ken

and i looked at moose and the guards are like 40, but the plastic is another 25-30. the ufo's are 52 for the whole works. i as just wondering if anybody knew were i could find a cheaper set of the plastic and metal. im running on a very limited budget so its looking like the ufo's for now.

Back