• KTM 300

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beta 300

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • YZ250X

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

12Bravo

I'm going to be in the market before long for another bike.
I can already tell I am hooked on riding! Nothing wrong with my current bike, but I want something newer.

Here let me add a GASGAS 300 to the list!

Last edited:
I'm going to be in the market before long for another bike.
I can already tell I am hooked on riding! Nothing wrong with my current bike, but I want something newer.

GasGas EC300 and never look back. I see you guys have great prices for newer used models in the US.

If not then get the Beta x-trainer, better suited for a beginner and easier to sell (especially in US) if you are not hoked.

My buddy just picked up a YZ250X and so far he loves it. I havent ridden it yet, but I trust his judgement. He has nothing but good things to say about it. Best part is that it was $2000 less than a comparable KTM/Husqvarna model. I think that the YZ250X might be the best bang for the buck in the off road motorcycle world right now.

Moderator:

Why did you move it? I am asking about "What Bike to Buy" Just like the "General" areas say's.

Is it because there isn't a GasGas on the list? If so this is rather disheartening that it is being tucked away in an area that have limited views on the forum.

If I put Gas Gas 300 on the list would you of left it?

Seems fishy to me!

Moderator:

Why did you move it? I am asking about "What Bike to Buy" Just like the "General" areas say's.

Is it because there isn't a GasGas on the list? If so this is rather disheartening that it is being tucked away in an area that have limited views on the forum.

Seems fishy to me!
This is not one of those forums. I am guessing there is a genuine reason.

Anyway I think most people just hit the new posts button when they log on - that's what I do anyway

This is not one of those forums. I am guessing there is a genuine reason.

Anyway I think most people just hit the new posts button when they log on - that's what I do anyway

Just seemed odd that in the section for asking about a "What bike to buy" it gets moved to "Other bikes" section. So it's what "GasGas" to buy there and all others here????

There's a new post button! Where?

Edit: Haha found it! Heck yea!

My buddy just picked up a YZ250X and so far he loves it. I havent ridden it yet, but I trust his judgement. He has nothing but good things to say about it. Best part is that it was $2000 less than a comparable KTM/Husqvarna model. I think that the YZ250X might be the best bang for the buck in the off road motorcycle world right now.

Yes $2000 less but you will spend all of that adding all the small things European bikes come standard with
I'm sure we have all been down hat road on the past (I know I have)

Yes $2000 less but you will spend all of that adding all the small things European bikes come standard with
I'm sure we have all been down hat road on the past (I know I have)

Like what? Hydraulic clutch? The cable works just fine on a YZ. The X has an 18" rr wheel, side stand, oversized bars, o-ring chain, 8L tank is for a 2hr XC race.

Moderator:

Seems fishy to me!

This *is* a gasgas discussion forum - if you want to talk about "other bikes" it does go in the "other bikes" forum.

jeff

This *is* a gasgas discussion forum - if you want to talk about "other bikes" it does go in the "other bikes" forum.

jeff

So the "General Discussion" area shouldn't say "e.g. What Bike do I buy?" It should say "e.g. What Gasgas do I buy?".

Next time I will place a Gasgas bike on the poll. Not to sure about Gas Gas yet, I like the one I have. But what will happen in the future is still unclear. Which is why Gasgas is not on the poll, considering they are not even making a 2016 line!

It's all good, thanks for the clarification.

I'm confused?

You may have a license plate on your current bike (?) - which may be confusing you...

GasGas 2 strokes are not sold as street legal in the united states. No claims to meeting DOT or EPA requirements, etc.

jeff

You may have a license plate on your current bike (?) - which may be confusing you...

GasGas 2 strokes are not sold as street legal in the united states. No claims to meeting DOT or EPA requirements, etc.

jeff
EDITED: Looks like Hamilton deleted his comment in regards to the plate, so I can see why this makes no sense now.

Didn't say anything about my current bike. His comment is about a future purchase and I said that might bring a change in my priorities.

Gasgas is not on the list, hence the conversation earlier.

Are Beta's available for plates in the US? I will have to look into that, I didn't even think about a 2 stroke and street use till he made that comment. It would be nice to be able to ride on the road for a short period legally.

Back