work table-elevated

john r b

Platinum Level Site Supporter
Can any one share there opinion on which table will be the best? Diamond plate or smooth??? It will be air powered. Any other thoughts. Thanks

John

I would go smooth. Easier to clean up and easier on your elbows and other parts that may come in contact with it.

Smooth! I have handy lift tables at work and they are great. A co worker bought a knockoff version that is diamond plate and its a PIA to work with compared to the smooth. Mainly on your body if you need to lean over or kneel on to pull a wheel off or an engine. kneeling on the diamond pattern can catch you in a way that hurts like kneeling on a small nut.. if you catch it just right, or wrong depending on how you look at it.

work table

Cruiser, What manufacturer? Do these things get bolted down or are they on wheels? I'll try google.

This is what we have at work but has the extended sides as we work on larger equipment. They now make very specific MC tables,, nice but $$..
11-11_10740__AIR_LIFT_BIG_F.jpg

The round holes on the sides is where the extension bars go that the sides go on. This would make it wide enough to put a lawn tractor on etc..

If you want a small/skinny one check for this one on amazon, or just search google for motorcycle air lift images.
41R7t7F3IeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My coworker gor one like this from gregsmith in delaware, china made and semi ok but almost as expensive as the good ones.. (usa made ones that is-they weight twice as much, thicker steel)
ProcycleMain.jpg

The skinny one is like what I'm building,, I use a rolling lift cart that is very HD, got it off CL for $60 and it only needed minor repair. I'm using it as a lift and when I need to move the bike out of the way I can move the lift and bike into the corner..
Its kinda like this one,, I just roll it under the skid plate and throw a strap over the seat just to keep it from falling off..
lift-cart.jpg

Last edited:
lift table

Thanks Cruiser, Is the wheel clamp necessary? I've been looking @ the sport model. The small screw lift is mandatory. Any other advice before I pull the trigger? Say are you in Ryan township??? You must know the Rehatchek family?
Great bunch of guy's. Last Oct. was my first ride on my new 250e in the wallow in the hallow.
John

I've been riding with them for a long time.. since the mid 90's. I have missed the last few Wallows tho.. AS far as front wheel clamp, unless you have a harley no.. you can improvise.. and if your handy or have a friend that welds make just about anything that you need. Dont forget to search Craiglist.. The handylifts are the best made ones. The harley guys evey now and then will sell one. One just went on CL in Philly a few weeks ago for $200 but I just did not have the cash on hand quick enough before someone else grabbed it up. If you know anybody that works at a golf course maintenance shop ask if they know anybody selling one. They all use these for the mowers and have really nice ones.. Every so often they build new shops(seams this year a lot are getting new shops) and if they get all new lifts they sell the old ones cheap..

Smooth, I have a diamond plate and would like to replace it. dirt falls off the bike no matter how much you wash it before and the diamond pattern makes it difficult to clean. shoot, I may see about some plywood and paint it white. would make finding all those little parts that I lose easier to find!

Say, sort of on topic, because I have the lift with the cruiser and diamond plate in one of those pictures. the zirk fittings are self threading and I busted a few, anyone know where to find some? I think they are like 4 or 5 mm? I don't mind buying a few to test and toss, I just don't want to have to buy 50 or 100 to see if they work :)

If you can find a wesco long scissors lift table like this,, put it in the middle of the shop pull the wheels and just make it your work station.. I have seen these sell for anywhere from $150-250 on CL.. good for 1000-1200 pounds.. goes 36" high too..
eol029.jpg

Back