WP 43mm Forks any good ?

EC250

Hi I have swapped my forks that came with my EC 250 1997 for 2002 WP 43mm forks, I just wanted to know what people thought about them, I have been told to be carful with the fork seals as dried mud etc can dislodge them?
Good points/ bad points, are they good forks ?

Cheers for any help

i have them too and got them revalved en sprung for my weight.
they do just fine,but nothing out of the ordinary.
i do allways have to be carefull to clean dried mud from my forks, yes.
had a slightly leaky fork the other day and fixed it with a risk seal doctor and seemed to have saved it :-)

enjoy! :-)

Hannes.

I have them on a couple bikes. I would say that they do a good job after you have them revalved. LTR does great work! I hated mine in stock form on my 2000 XC300.

I had the WP forks on one of my old 300 and after revalving, I loved them. In my opinion better than the zockes.

Great, cheers guys, I will make sure I clean any mud, etc off after every ride, I wonder if anyone make seals that help to prevent this problem maybe a tighter fit or something ?

Just been looking at those neoprene fork socks, think I'm going to give them a try, cheers for the advice there gassergrant

Just been looking at those neoprene fork socks, think I'm going to give them a try, cheers for the advice there gassergrant

If you use them you better clean them after EVERY ride or the dirt or mud will get in there and scratch the hell out of your tubes. I have had no problems with mine.

I've replaced the seals on my WP43's once... after I had them revalved in 2005(?) and they weren't leaking then and are still dry now.
I've replaced the ones on my kids Zokes twice now because they were leaking (since '09). Not a WP43 issue or a Zoke issue, It's just the way things happen.

Anybody have an opinion on the WP forks vs the Marchozzi ones? Viewing an 01 EC 300 tomorrow that has the upside downies that I assume will be WP

Back