100% positive thread!

houndog

As is the norm. many if not most threads are when we have problems or need help or just advice. This is perfectly fine and exactly what a forum should be about, as well as all the "good times". This is one of those threads.....no problems, no issues, no advice needed (meaning, no reason to bother you guys :) ) All is fantastic in the "Ed's Gas Gas World".

That's the point! We love our Gas Gas. Helen and I will never be able to afford "newer, better, faster brand "X" ". Plus, we're damn near 60 years old! The best part is that we have no desire at all to look at other bikes. I can not imagine at our advanced age there are "better choices". Sure, newer would be good but would we be any "happier"? I think not.

The 300 now has right at 10K miles (>9K) and the 450 ~4500. I changed the O'rings on the 300. Nothing has been done to the 450. I throw away oil.....they have had oil changed so often it's ridiculous.

28:1 on the 300 and it's been re-jetted but I have no idea what I ended up with. It just works. Been too long to remember. The 300 starts on either the first or third kick every single time.

The 450 is impossible to start with the kick starter and I easily start my buddy's Husky 390 and 500. You ain't startin' my 450 by foot. And that is fine with me.

So bottom line is that we love the Gas Gas and can't imagine better bikes for old farts like Helen and I. I can only dream and wish what it would have been like to have had machines like this when I was young and indestructible!

Helen really liked her CRF230F and CRF230L. She was convinced they were "the best bikes for me". Then I lowered the 300 and 450 and she found out what a "real" bike was! Hey she may be old but she can be taught new tricks :).

I hope you all are as happy as we are.....I'm proud to own a Gas Gas, never felt that way about our other bikes, they were just "tools". Like a Glock compared to a custom 1911. One is a tool and one can be art. I'm assuming y'all know which is which :)

So there you go, my "positive post".
Ed
edit*** the "seal mate" "fixed" my leaking seal on the 300 and I did add a little oil, been dry as a bone since. I bought all the stuff to do the seals....will get around to it next time it leaks :) Just wanted to list all the "repairs" I've had to do ;)

Last edited:
right on Ed, I feel the same it took a little bit to set my bike up. Cut the cylinder down running 185psi, Wp cc forks, smart carb. I love the power and handling of my bike. It is a 2010 ec250 and i don't even care to look at other bikes because i love this one:D

I have a 2012EC with a measly 120 hours, all of which are put on by me.

The bike has it's quirks but I can't really see myself improving anything by switching rides, especially considering the time and money I've spent setting this bike up. Especially that now it's just right and the motor and handling is an absolute gem.

I'll probably put some new plastics on it, send my radiators to Mylers, and send my shock and fork out for some love and a shim shuffle.

After than I'm gonna ride that sled till the wheels fall off.

i always enjoyed my gassers... even tho i am not on one right now. i will own another... i have tons of gasser t shirts i wear all the time when not at work in dress clothes.... get alot of comments.. still support the brand..

this is still my favorite site.. prolly the best all around scoot knowledge i have come across and great members...

good thread..

I just love bikes..

I think I'm a bit bike crazy..

Your not the only one. Good thing I don't have the money to go along with the love affair because I would have far more than I could ride

I also love riding bikes that not everyone has. Like my gasser the guzzi I had or the benelli TNT 1130 I miss the most

You said it rite I am into my GasGas bikes for sure . My buddy went on a Husky binge and sold me his 2005 dx200 love it ! So when a 2011 6 days 200 came up for sale 2 weeks ago it was added to the garage . 4 Gassers and counting , like u houndog age is not on my side so I customize mine to make me happy . Makes my wallet empty but I need all the help I can get , believe me ! I did buy a new Sherco X Ride last year and it is a blast to ride but it my only non GasGas bike . :D:D:D:D:D

What a great idea for a thread. I bought my 2011 three hundo from a class A Vet racer who loved the engine. I was a member of this site long before I decided to purchase my scoot. While I am just getting back into riding after a 23 year hiatus I wanted a 300 for my lazy cannot plan a head riding style.

Since December 2011 I have ridden it an average of 3.5 hours a week and because I live in New Mexico I pretty much get to ride all year long. I figure the total cost of ownership of my gas gas is half of what my previous bike was. It has been ridden hard and put away wet quite literally. It starts with the first push of the button. Next weekend I will fill it with gas, kick the mud out of the foot pegs and ride the piss out of it again. Jakobi would pass out if he witnessed my mistreatment of the motorcycle.

It has been rock solid.

Like VxZeroKnots, I am just waiting to wear this one out. I just did a top end (the first top end I have ever done in my life) and everything was in spec.

I am really liking the idea of having a Gas Gas 450.

Haha Papa. Don't worry about me. My bikes are far from immaculate to the eye. The problem with racking up kms is that parts wear out and it seems I'm forever having to replace something.

My 2010 hasn't been touched in 5 months while the new girl friend and I have been in honey moon mode. Getting her ready for the old man to take riding and its amazing how many bits and pieces are flogged out from 300+hours. My rear brake pad is so worn the pads won't wear even anymore. The back hole in the caliper has been worn out of round because the rubber guide wore out. So off to do some shopping I am!

Haha Papa. Don't worry about me. My bikes are far from immaculate to the eye. The problem with racking up kms is that parts wear out and it seems I'm forever having to replace something.

My 2010 hasn't been touched in 5 months while the new girl friend and I have been in honey moon mode. Getting her ready for the old man to take riding and its amazing how many bits and pieces are flogged out from 300+hours. My rear brake pad is so worn the pads won't wear even anymore. The back hole in the caliper has been worn out of round because the rubber guide wore out. So off to do some shopping I am!

New girl friend and the honey moon stage, those were the days. You lucky dog!:D

Back