'13 Jaguar V6

gasgasman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of you may know I'm a tech with Land Rover.
Today the District Rep came by and was giving us an update on future products.

Jaguar has a new Super Charged V6 coming out for 2013. It is based off the current 5.0L V8.

The funny part.........they kept the V8 block,crank etc.
All they did was bolted the V6 heads on. Left the 2 rear pistons out and put plates over the holes.

I had a good laugh then thought.
Jag did that to save R+D costs. No crash testing, trans and drive line remains the same. Motor mounts - same. Radiator hoses-same. A/C lines etc-same.

With today's economy, I guess every penny counts.

Here's the video of the motor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRGfLPGHhyg

Be awesome for those Mexico weed runs lol! But a few Rastas driving a jag through the border may attract suspicion!

Pity they didn't go with the tech that allows the engine to only use the cylinders required by the power demand, but that would prob push the price up

Be awesome for those Mexico weed runs lol! But a few Rastas driving a jag through the border may attract suspicion!

Pity they didn't go with the tech that allows the engine to only use the cylinders required by the power demand, but that would prob push the price up

Hahaha. ya' mon!

Well I guess as long as the balance is right its easy. No size or weight savings though.

I'd rather have the V-8.

Ta-Ta now owns Jaguar, right?

This will kill the reputation of Jaguar. Can you imagine Benz or BMW doing this? They are Jaguar's competition, and they'll roast them for that.

Save a few dollars, kill the brand. Great thinking.

I notice they 'hid' the blank holes in the animation......I wouldn't have noticed them if it hadn't been pointed out

Just got back from Land Rover training in GA.
The Jaguar training center is in the same building. Just so happened to be new model training on this new V6.

So, sneaked over and took some photos.
It does have a "V8" block, but the crank is a V6 crank. There is a balance shaft in the bottom of the block.

As you can see in the pics, they did not punch out the two rear cylinders.

jagmotor1.jpg

jagmotor2.jpg

jagmotor3.jpg

Back