2003 fse450sm. boging out at partial throttle

bmxplus10

okay so i went riding in the north georgia mountains all day, my bike ran as good as she ever has. when we were heading home, we stopped, got some gas and left 10 mins into the ride home my bike started to feel as if it was running outa gas. then i relized it was at a certain rpm ,it i had to ride 60 miles home at about 40mph i draind the gas checked my spark plug fuel injector is working fine.... i dont know these nikes very well just seeing if anyone has had simular problem and could let me know how they fixed it.

Thanks

I would lean towards water in the fuel as it happened just after you filled up.

i drained the tankand put GOOD gas in it and drand the whole fuel system. it starts fine but still bog out. i forgot to metion on the way home on my 60mile trip it started to run normally for maybe 4-6 mins then it went back to boggin out and only letting me go about 40-45 in 6th gear. sooooo im kinda clueless at this point hope someone has an answer it would be greatly apreciated

Doubt it will solve anything but you might want to try a fresh plug to eliminate that first. With just happening at a certain throttle I might lean toward a plugged carb.

My guess is that your TPS sensor is shot, or a short in the wiring for it, that gets shorted by the throttle somehow. Check the wiring first, then get IT hooked up to service pc, with the Technoresearch VDST software.

My guess is that your TPS sensor is shot, or a short in the wiring for it, that gets shorted by the throttle somehow. Check the wiring first, then get IT hooked up to service pc, with the Technoresearch VDST software.

the TPS was gonna me my next guess ill take it apart tom. and check all the conectioons.

thanks for the tips everyone please keep em coming

Is the vent hole on the fuel cap plugged or partially blocked? That might produce the symptoms you describe. Tank gets a partial vacuum which drops the fuel pump pressure. try running it until it does it then release the cap.

I have had a similar problem with a Scorpa T-ride 250f because the CDI unit was broken. The previous owner of this motorcycle modded the CDI so the motorcycle would rev to 12000 rpm instead of 10000 rpm standard. It worked well for 2 months and then it started bogging outafter 2000rpm rendering the motorcycle useless offcourse. After a new CDI unit was installed it ran normal again but just to 10000rpm. Maybe that's the solution to your problem.

so i did so readin around on the forums and found out about those 2 relays that go bad . i swtiched em and my bike works fine now so im going to just get 2 fresh ones t be safe but thanks a lot everyone for you input

Back