2007/8 EC250 Kill Switch

dode

Hi all.
So I’ve played around all day and cannot get the aftermarket kill switch on the bike to work.
I believe either the green/yellow or green/blue wire may have a break in it somewhere as even when touching both together the bike stays running.

Is there any way I can fit a kill switch to the bike without using existing wiring and if so where do I connect the new kill switch wires to please?
Thank you.
I’m working off the below wiring diagram for reference.
IMG_9024.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going by the 2013 schematic, depending on which model, you'll either need to hook up to the white/yellow (XC model) or black/yellow (EC model) at the CDI and then to chassis ground for a kill circuit.

Funny, I've had to repair that wire a couple of times.

As above. Ground for one side then trace other wire back to a good point.

Could someone identify which wire I’d go into for the kill switch live please?

1708ed6b212ce4409b34d54add5e6b0b.jpg

None of those. That is a pic of your voltage regulator. Yellow is AC power in to it, black is it's ground, and the white/blue is the coil trigger wire.

The kill switch grounds to the chassis and then goes back to the CDI in your air box.

Apologies I thought if I interrupted the power there it would kill the bike also.

The kill switch doesn't open a path like it might on some older roadbikes. It just grounds a pin of the cdi so it stops output of power.

Back