2007 GasGas to KYB SSS forks

CanGasser

Hi Guys

I am looking to do a fork swap on my 2007 GASGAS 300 to KYB SSS. I picked up a a lower and upper GASGAS triple clamps for 48 Sachs forks so right now just trying to get the parts to make the swap. I read all the threads I could find on this. Looking for info on the spacers or even better if someone is interested in making and selling me a set would be ideal. I would like use the GASGAS wheel or I can buy a YZ wheel if it makes things easier for the axle but I am guessing a bearing change would sort that out.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks Scott

Perfect thanks, I think the spacer will be my only problem.
nope, he made those for me as well

I am based on the other side of the world and did not want (or have the facilities available) to measure and machine any parts. I sourced the forks off ebay and sent them direct to Steve, we discussed the desired end result and after a while i received a revalved set of forks, a yz axle, correct spacers, a brake caliper bracket (from braking.com) and a resized top GG triple clamp.

End result was that i did not need to change the brakes, wheel, wheel bearings, seals, or triple clamp bearings

From what I have gathered using the GASGAS clamps makes the most sense over changing the clamps to YZ and adding a stop. So I think all I really need now is the axle, spacers and the caliper bracket. I do have a 2000 426 yzf parts bike not sure if any of the parts on it are use able. Has anyone swapped over a yz caliper over using a bracket on the caliper?

From what I have gathered using the GASGAS clamps makes the most sense over changing the clamps to YZ and adding a stop. So I think all I really need now is the axle, spacers and the caliper bracket. I do have a 2000 426 yzf parts bike not sure if any of the parts on it are use able. Has anyone swapped over a yz caliper over using a bracket on the caliper?
I think the issue is that the yz uses a slightly smaller brake rotor (both bikes' calipers are the same Nissin) than the GG so you need a caliper adapter on the yz forks for an oversize rotor (think it was a 260mm)

I'm pretty set on the KYB SSS for the forks, the Triple clamps I am planing on using the GASGAS clamps as I just bought a set of the 48mm just need the caliper bracket, axle and spacers was hoping someone would be interested in selling me a set of the correct spacers but could get a local machinist to do up a set once I know the sizes. I think I read some where that a set of rear KTM spacers are a very close fit.

I was begrudgingly considering popping the wheel off. But I am using YZ clamps so they could be just any different. Just put it together with 1 std spacer, washers whatever and measure the gap on the other side. Then work out how much to centralise needs to come off. Then make new ones.

Hey thanks, I'm all good for working out the spacer was just trying to have all the stuff together so I could just assemble and Ride!

I agree that the whole yz front end swap is the easiest way to go. I put firm rubber bumpers on my frame as steering stops.

I agree that the whole yz front end swap is the easiest way to go. I put firm rubber bumpers on my frame as steering stops.

looks like I might be doing the whole YZ front end now, the seller that sold me the 2011 triple clamps sold me a set of 125 clamps so I ended up with the same 45mm clamps I already have. He said he will refund me so I am now ope to options. Think I might consider the whole YZ front end. Can you use the gasgas wheel or best to get the YZ wheel too

looks like I might be doing the whole YZ front end now, the seller that sold me the 2011 triple clamps sold me a set of 125 clamps so I ended up with the same 45mm clamps I already have. He said he will refund me so I am now ope to options. Think I might consider the whole YZ front end. Can you use the gasgas wheel or best to get the YZ wheel too
I would think the 45 clamps are the same as the 48's but with more meat on them. You would need to machine them bigger anyway so look to see if there is enough to machine them to fit

I would think the 45 clamps are the same as the 48's but with more meat on them. You would need to machine them bigger anyway so look to see if there is enough to machine them to fit

Ya I was going to do that but already have a set on the bike I can do that with so no point and having two. I tied to get a newer set so I didn't have to do that.

Back