2011 EC300 race jetting

memphis2857

I am gonna ask the question because I am lazy and to be quite honest I have a hard time wading through all the jetting topics. I need some baseline settings in the jetting department. I have the asII 38mm carb. I will be running Motul 800 at 50:1 (unless you say otherwise). Right now the bike is on stock jetting and the previous owner ran am soil interceptor in it. The plug shows that it is a just a tick rich and it spooges all over everything. The back fender is black. That being said the bike runs pretty good. The only thing I don't like is when it comes on the pipe it EXPLODES and the front wheel is in the air. I am thinking of dropping the main jet one size but I need suggestions on the needle and pilot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look and see whats in there first. I'd guess stock needle based on how you've described it runs.

Memphis, pull the head and get the squish corrected. It will make your jetting life easier.

Ok so far it looks like a n1ef needle on the top clip. I have another needle that came with the bike new. It is marked CHN? Never heard of it before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok so far it looks like a n1ef needle on the top clip. I have another needle that came with the bike new. It is marked CHN? Never heard of it before

Take that needle and stick it in the nearest voodoo doll! The second needle is the homologation part iirc - that and the 115 main you likely also got.

You're likely going to want to be in the NEDJ or NEDW range (but again, check the jetting threads because Jake didn't do all that work for nothing :D)

Pilot likely a 40 or 42 depending on temp, and mains in the 175-180 range if you're on the gas.

Oil is a sticky subject (haha) but anything will run cleaner once you get the jetting sorted. We run Amsoil Dominator (or the Motul 800) at 50:1 with non-ethanol 92 gas.

Take that needle and stick it in the nearest voodoo doll! The second needle is the homologation part iirc - that and the 115 main you likely also got.

You're likely going to want to be in the NEDJ or NEDW range (but again, check the jetting threads because Jake didn't do all that work for nothing :D)

Pilot likely a 40 or 42 depending on temp, and mains in the 175-180 range if you're on the gas.

Oil is a sticky subject (haha) but anything will run cleaner once you get the jetting sorted. We run Amsoil Dominator (or the Motul 800) at 50:1 with non-ethanol 92 gas.
Agreed. This is a very good setup. With or without headwork.

Agreed. This is a very good setup. With or without headwork.

Roger that.

If turns out to be too mild go for an N3xx needle with same diameter, and half a clip richer.. It'll still run similar off the bottom, but transition from mid to top much harder.

I need help finding needles! Even google doesn't give me any results. Where do you guys order your needles from?

Edit: I found a n3cj Yamaha needle on Amazon. Is this what I need? I like the hit so I have determined the N3xx is for me. But is the cj right or should I be looking for something else?

Last edited:
I've listed part numbers in several threads.. if you can't dig em up I'll post again, otherwise any parts fiche for current model KTM EXC range should have the N3xx needles, or Suzuki RM250 06/07 will bring up the NExx

824f32c75111deab8edec1454a7f1a51.jpg

Here are the part numbers for the needles in question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok! Got a question???? We are going riding next weekend (first ride on my new bike) and the weather is going to be in the upper 30's to mid 40's (F). I have a nedw needle but I am a little uncertain on where I should start with jetting. I am thinking either a 42p 2nd clip 175m. OR 40p needle 3rd clip 175m. Any suggestions where to start???

42p 2nd clip 175m

My vote. My 300 is almost always rich on the 3rd clip and it idles better with the richer pilots

Ok I ended up at 42p nedw 2nd clip 175 main. I really believe as cold as it is I could go up a step on the pilot still yet. Although it I'd.es beautifully with the air screw at 1.25. Man oh man the nedw is awesome soooo much more linear and the bike is actually rideable now

Last edited:
Not sure if I've done the right thing ive gone for the n3eg top clip 40 pilot 180 main it seems ok but ive got nothing to compare it with . I only went for this setting and needle because I saw someone else had this setting but I have just read that he's got the as 1 carb and I've got the as11 , is there a big difference ?

Back