2012 300 playing around property

How do you think it sounds or feels? Thats the most important thing :D .Sounds like stock jetting to me :p

Finally feels smooth. It has a JD kit. Think I'm getting close that was also the "rain" mode too. But would love to get it perfect

Finally feels smooth. It has a JD kit. Think I'm getting close that was also the "rain" mode too. But would love to get it perfect

Can you give your settings/conditions?
Main jet?
Pilot jet?
Needle/clip position?
Air screw?
Elevation/temp/humidity?

Thanks!

Its how it feels to you thats most important, as you're the one who has to ride it. Jetting is almost as personal as suspension and ergo set up. A lot depends on what and how you ride too.

Also interested to hear which needle you went with (Red/Blue). Clip pos and other factors.

Might even be able to clean up the bottom end some more yet. Have you had a play with the AS and pilots? Best way to check the main is with plug chops.

I have not. Does it sound like I'm on the rich side? Can one even tell from just listening? I'm willing to try anything....

You can tell a little by listening, but not a whole lot. Its never the same listening on a recording as to listening to a real bike. Essentially the burble burble burble is excess fuel firing every second stroke instead of every stroke. The reality is you need some excess fuel at light throttle applications to make sure there is enough for when you're under heavy load. My suggestion is to have a play and see how it effects the bike. Turn the air screw out another turn and ride and see if you feel a difference. Turn it right in and see if the bike stalls. Its through experiencing the rich and the lean where you learn what feels just right.

..or you could just be happy with it as it is! Like I said.. very personal..

In the past I've spent a whole day jetting only to come back to where I originally started. LOL :rolleyes:

Back