2012 Scorpion gear and Homemade PFP adjuster

wence

Bronze Level Site Supporter
Here are a few pics of my 2012 with the scorpion Radiator guard and grill, the Scorpion Bashplate and the Biketique hand guards.

P1060139.jpg

P1060142.jpg

P1060141.jpg

P1060144.jpg

Cheers and more of the adjuster to come,
Mark

Continued....

P1060146.jpg

P1060145.jpg

P1060148.jpg

P1060147.jpg

The PFPadjuster seems to work really well.
Mine is all the way anticlockwise right now and that is how it came. I assume by turning clockwise it will make the suspension harsher so I have left it as it is for now.
Th etool is a little rough but made up in about half an hour out of scrap steel and a cut off bit of socket.
Cheers Mark

Stop showing off!!

Looks good mate.
May I ask why you went with the biketique handguards over the ego/barkbuster brand guards. To me they look very similar apart from the plastic guard.

To be honest I just was speaking to the Scorpion importer in Australia( Werner), and he suggested I try them.
I had barkbusters before on the 07 and really had no dramas with them except the plastic after a few stacks. These actually seem a lot better finished off and fit really well so we'll see how they go.
I am sure they will be just as good as the barkbusters and maybe better if I am lucky??
Cheer Mark

Whats the hardware like that mounts in the end of the bar? Are the inserts longer/beefier than ego guards?

Yep from what I remember anyway.
The barkbusters had a one piece thing with a bolt pulling into a v sort of thing which spread out and tightened in the bar.
These have a bolt going through with a double wedge insert which seemed a lot better. I had a few dramas with the barkbuster ones spinning here and there , although I can't really comment how these will hold up just yet.
Cheers Mark

Mark,

Nice work on the PFP tool! I'll do the same, but I think I'll add an old screwdriver to the handle for an all in one fork tool for the trail. Good luck with the bike!

Good idea Glenn and thanks.
I should have thought of that shouldn't I?
Cheers Mark

So how do you like the handguards so far? How much did they cost as 2 fingers on my left hand would like me to buy some haha.

Can't remember exactly mate but they were a lot cheaper than Barkbusters.
Cheers mark

looks nice!

a word of warning, if you're using this style mount:
MK-Std_sm.jpg

i've had 2 break at the pivot... the ones i broke were from polisport.....

Back