2014 Ironman GNCC Lap 1

ferderer

Follow along with me on lap 1 of the 2014 Ironman GNCC where I raced my GoFasters GasGas 300 in the open A class. I was moving forward into the top 30 overall, but on lap 5 I crashed and pulled out due to a wrist injury. I've since recovered and now am preparing for the 2015 National Enduro Series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNgqL5v0A0

What makes the brakes squeal/squeak? My 2010 has never done it, my 2013 hasn't either.. but the short ride I had on a 2015 I had the front making all sorts of noise and I wasn't even leaning on it..

And great viewing! Captivating! Super fast and clean. Nice to see the Gasser turning under the other bikes too. Good advertising.

What makes the brakes squeal/squeak? My 2010 has never done it, my 2013 hasn't either.. but the short ride I had on a 2015 I had the front making all sorts of noise and I wasn't even leaning on it..
If I had to guess...his brakes are HOT. Mine squeak like that, during extended mountain decents. Mine sometimes squeal like that during the 2nd hour of a muddy race. Great video, for sure. Too bad the cam couldn't keep pace in the woods.

That was awesome! Great Ride for sure. This should be a training video for those wanting to go faster never follow always use different lines even if you loose time but more times then not it works in your favor and you can see it in this video.
Brake squealing was minimal but probably just pad choice and when you make your pad choice for a race you just have to go with it. I did notice that bike has some powerful brakes for sure.

Hope to see more videos in 2015.

Woof...that was nuts :eek: :eek:

The trees look REALLY close as you're ripping through 'em.

Sweet vid :D

EBC brake pads are notorious for squeaking. Another thing that may help reduce the squealing is taking some steel wool to the rotor and give it a bit of a polish.

What a ride though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back